Chapter 6

(Inspired by a comic.)

Adrien landed beside his lady who was scanning the area before she gulped. She recognized the villain from first glance, even though it was just a measly calculated guess.

"Luka..." Marinette sighed as she watched him start to play his guitar again, zapping a nearby pedestrian who disappeared within thin air. Nearby, a trumpet fell down from nowhere, followed by another stash of them.

"He's turning people into musical instruments!" she gasped, realizing the sudden impact beside her as she turned over to her partner, "If we get zapped, it's all over. No second chance."

Chat Noir blinked questionably at her, but smiled as he knew what she was up to, "We need a recruit, huh, M'lady?"

"Yep." she smirked, patting his shoulder before grabbing her yo-yo out, "Distract the villain while I go get Adrien Agreste!"

The feline-like hero, nodded, about to start wandering off to fight the villain before he froze in place. He quickly zipped over to his lady but she was already gone, "M'lady! Wait!"

No response as he sighed. Yet again he would be Aspik... just great. Another excuse to just mess everything up like the last time. Another few months of torcher... he didn't want to go through that painful route again.

So without much thinking, as well as trying to put his heart at ease, Adrien extended his baton and landed in a nearby alleyway, letting his transformation loose as a grumpy Plagg emerged from out of his miraculous.

"I take it you're doing this for you lady." he empathized the last word, which only received a loud groan from the model, "You know from last time that you won't get anywhere."

"I know, Plagg." he sighed, combing his hair back as he felt his eyes roll to the back of his head from total annoyance of the combination of the day's previous events, "But what choice do I have? If I decline... it may- just maybe..."

"Oh for the love of cheese, Kid." the creature snickered, setting himself down on Adrien's shoulder as he kept on bickering, "You know all these people are blind. Plus, you know deep down that being with Ladybug as Adrien was all you ever wanted... especially after she admitted to liking you."

It was true that Adrien didn't really decide to question Ladybug about her confession. He didn't really think about it much either with all that was going on in his quotidian life. He had so many scheduled meetings and lessons that it was crazy. He was half expecting Nathalie to be barging into his room right by now, only to find it empty. There was nothing he could do, this was his duty. He has to fulfill his duty as a superhero... and put everyone above himself.

He admitted that tucked at the bottom of his heart, a little part of him did want to so badly turn into Aspik again. He could redo anything countless times, after messing up as he usually did so. He knew it would bring him no good, yet he was tied between. An endless game of tug a war, as his heart would always rule superior over him.

"Okay, I have to go find her," he said determinedly, not even listening to his kwami speak as he took off, expecting Plagg to be in hiding by now. He had to make himself noticed, but not too noticed that he would get zapped by the akumatized villain. He had to obtain an equivalent balance. Not one part of his body thought about Chat Noir, nor about the last time he had become the snake-like hero. All he thought about was that Ladybug said she needed him...

So therefore he would be at her service.

_

"Do you think this is the right choice, Marinette?" Tikki questioned her holder as she ran out of the park.