🖤Chapter 28: Moments Like These🖤

A/N: This is going to be a mini-chapter, just to give you a heads up!

Vanessa's P.O.V.

I woke up and smiled as I saw Joe watching television in our room. I noticed I had nothing on and blushed, remembering what went down last night.

We have been home for three days now. Later tonight, we would be leaving to go on vacation to Brazil for a month. We both needed a break from wrestling and I was glad to spend it with the love of my life.

He moved in with me again about two and a half months after we started dating again.

Joe turned and smiled when he looked at me. "Morning, baby."

"Morning." I replied as he leaned down and kissed me. I sat up, using the sheets to cover myself as I grabbed my robe, putting it on.

"I'll go make breakfast." I told him.

"No, babe. I'll do it, don't worry. If you want to take a shower, go ahead." he explained.

He had a point. I did feel a bit icky after the events of last night and really needed a shower. So, I got what I needed and went to our bathroom.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, blow-dried my hair, and freshened up before I was fresh and clean. I put on a purple nighty with some undergarments.

Today was just going to be a lazy day for us.

Once I was done, I put on my robe and went into the kitchen, smelling the delight he was cooking. Omlettes, bacon, sausage links, and pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream.

I saw the dogs come running in and smiled as I pet them. "You guys hungry?"

They all began whining as I got up and grabbed the bag of food. I filled their bowls and gave them water and they ate.

I went to Joe and wrapped my arms around his waist. He chuckled before turning around and wrapping his arms around me. 

"You look so sexy post-sex too." he complimented. I chuckled as we kissed passionately. When we pulled away, our foreheads were resting against each other.

"That smells amazing. I'm starving." I told him with a chuckle at the end.

I sat at the table and he began serving the food on two plates. I began eating my breakfast when he spoke up.

"I got the bags packed for tonight. By the way, have you noticed how much you've been eating recently?" he asked.

I laughed. "I guess my appetite's being messed with or something. I'm gonna get fat in Brazil."

We both laughed and continued eating our breakfast.

After breakfast, we retreated to the living room to watch movies with the dogs. I had called Jonathan and Trinity if they could care for the dogs when we leave. They agreed.

I was next to Joe as Delgado and Kevin were on the couch with us while Jasper and Duke were on their pillows.

I smiled as Joe pressed his lips to my forehead. I cuddled closer to him as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"I love you so much." he said.

"I love you more." I replied.

It was the little moments like this that made everything between us precious and worthy. I don't regret taking him back. He's the love of my life and I don't need anyone else.