Lupe Sullivan gazed nervously at the shapeshifters gathered before her. Damn, but why had that spell taken her here?

Her mother, Everly Sullivan, had passed away years ago but her spirit still visited Lupe in her dreams from the Summerlands, the paradise sorceresses and sorcerers went to when their souls left the earth. Her mother had told her she was the one who had to defeat Caius, a sorcerer who had completely given himself to Black Magic and spent centuries killing were creatures and shapeshifters in order to steal their life force to stay immortal.

Lupe's mother told her in order to defeat Caius once and for all, she had to find Trevor Wayne along with Skylar, Tori, Tara and Christian Lewis, shapeshifters who'd been attacked by Caius and came across Lupe and her family while they sought out help but mysteriously left in the middle of the night. Her mother hadn't explained why she had to find the shapeshifters or how she'd defeat Caius, but she trusted her mother, and she was going to try to find them.

"I'm not sure why I'm here," Lupe said quietly, gazing at the shapeshifters that were gathered around her.

"How did you even get here?" a tall, male shapeshifter with shaggy brown hair and the most amazing green eyes she'd ever seen.

Lupe swallowed before speaking. "I was doing a spell to locate someone and it led me here. . ."

She was a hybrid; part wolf, part sorceress. She'd cast a spell to take her out of the spot she'd been staying at with her family in order to find Trevor and the Lewis's.

"Locate who?" the shapeshifter with green eyes asked, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

She swallowed, her throat suddenly dry as her mind raced to come up with some kind of answer. Damn, but she hadn't prepared for anything like this.

"Well?" the shapeshifter pressed.

"I'm trying to locate my friends," she blurted out. "My friends ran off on me and I'm trying to find them." It wasn't far from the truth; she was trying to locate people who ran off on her but she wasn't sure she'd call them friends.

The shapeshifter blinked. "Your friends ran off? Do they even know what's going on right now with Caius being on the loose?"

"They do, and that's why I'm trying to find them. I'm trying to rescue them from their own stupidity." The words were rolling off her tongue as the story she was telling began to unfold in her mind. "They left while I was asleep and I woke up to see they were gone."

The shapeshifter frowned. "Do you know why they might've left?"

She shook her head. "No, I don't. That's why I want to find them so bad. I want to make sure they're okay and to know why they ran off on me."

The shapeshifter was quiet for a moment before opening his mouth to say something but was cut off as a tall, blond, well built male pushed through the crowd, his chest rising and falling rapidly like he was trying to catch his breath. "Flynn, you have to see this!"

The shapeshifter Lupe had been talking to frowned and turned to follow the blond shapeshifter. The shapeshifters around them followed, leaving Lupe alone standing in front of the small village of houses.

She hesitated, unsure of what to do. She was confused as to why the spell had brought her to this place and she still needed to find Trevor and the Lewis's. Unless they were here. . .

Her eyes widened as she gazed around the small village of cabins, the gears in her mind clicking into place. Maybe this is why they left her, Hugo, Savannah and Kat behind at the waterfall. They wanted to pursue finding the Moonblood Clan and they could've found out, which was why the location spell brought her here.