•TWELVE•Again•

"Do you think I'd look better in a blue tie or a black tie, love?"

Patton sighed, staring at his husband from their bed. "I think you look good in either, but it really doesn't matter that much. Why ya stressing so much over this, anyway?"

Patton got up from bed and walked over to Logan, starting to gently massage his shoulders as they both stared at their reflections in the mirror in front of them.

"I'm just trying to pick out a nice outfit. We have dinner with an important government official," Logan responded, letting the black tie fall to the ground in front of him and wrapping the blue one around his neck, starting to tie it.

"We're having dinner with a very friendly detective, not a government official," Patton corrected. "I really don't see why it matters so much. And it's not even tonight, it's tomorrow."

"I prefer to plan things early so I have time to look at all my options."

Patton giggled. "Yeah, your two options of tie colors."

Patton really wasn't sure why his husband was stressing so much. It really was just a random friendly detective. Or... well, a random friendly detective working for Remy, but Logan obviously didn't realize that. Unless he did. Is that why he was stressing?

"The dinner really isn't a big deal, honey," Patton commented, leaning his head on his husband's shoulder from behind. Logan sighed, reaching behind him to grab both of Patton's hands.

"I know. I just... it's not the dinner that is making me nervous, it's more what might happen. What we might talk about. What kind of new information I may learn, about... you know who."

Patton frowned slightly, letting out a huff of air. "Oh... right."

Yeah... Logan was definitely clueless. Patton wished he could lift the stress of the dinner off Logan's shoulders...

...

Well... he did have the guy's address. He could go over tonight and kill him. He had been planning to do that soon, anyway. Better sooner than too late, right?

He felt a jolt of nervousness coarse through his veins, but he ignored it. He had no choice, he had to kill him. He had to, because if he didn't, Logan would die.

And he's done it before, so... maybe it will be a little easier this time.

"What time is it?" Patton suddenly asked, taking his head off of Logan's shoulder.

"Around noon, why?"

"No reason. Just wondering."

Patton definitely needed to do it tonight, then. He didn't really have an excuse for leaving the house, though. They still had about a dozen Crofter's jars, so he definitely couldn't use that as an excuse.

He'd probably just have to... sneak out.

Patton gulped silently. That sounds scary. Maybe if he just spends the day tiring out his husband, then he can sneak out when he's asleep. Yeah, okay.

"Hey, Lo?"

"Hmm?"

"Can we play Just Dance?"

"...What?" Logan almost laughed. He forgot that they even owned that game.

Patton shrugged, smiling. "I dunno. I'm just kinda in the mood to play it, for some reason."

"Well, we have nothing else better to do... we could load up our Wii."

"Yay!"

The day was wasted away with the two digging out their old gaming consoles, which really only included their Wii and the Nintendo Switch that they had owned since they were in high school, and playing games on them. Patton made sure to try to play all of the more tiring and exciting games with his husband, like Just Dance, Wii Sports, and- of course- Smash Bros. Not only was it one of their favorite games to play when they were teenagers, but it required a lot of focus, and focus often tired Logan.