Chapter 5: Disguises and breakdowns

Sly stared at the figures approaching. He tightened his grip on the cane and quick got into a fighting stance. This could get ugly. Sly thought. He only stopped when he saw the two emerge from the darkness and realized who they were through the dim light.

Well, his eyes on there own couldn't see them, but luckily Bentley had added a fun new feature to his mask which allowed him to see dim lights as full lights, and the others had the same thing.

The figures were none other then Carmelita and one of her coworkers Nathan. Sly quickly shoved his cane down the back of his shirt just as Carmelita pulled out her shock pistol.

"Alright, who are you three?" She demanded. It occurred to Sly that Carmelita could actually see who they were, so she had no idea she was standing face to face with criminals.

"Hey guys! What's up? My name's Nathan Snot, I work at the Parisian police station, and standing with me is Inspector Carmelita Montoya Fox, who also works for the police. Who are you guys?" Nathan said being very friendly.

Sly watched, a little shocked that someone would give themselves away that quickly, as Carmelita slapped her palm and into her face and groaned.

"What, were you born yesterday? Do you have to go back to pre-school or can you somehow not understand that you just blew the whole operation! You just gave us away AND told them we were cops! Gosh you are literally the worst officer I've ever met!" Carmelita yelled.

Sly Bentley and Murray just stood there awkwardly as Carmelita screeched at this poor man. Once Carmelita was finished she turned back to the trio. "Like I said before, who are you and what are you doing here?" She inquired, aiming her gun at them.

Bentley took the initiative and rolled forward. "Um, hello there inspector. Believe it or not, WE are actually also officers as well." He said confidently, making it up on the spot.
Carmelita squinted, trying to get a better look at them.

"You don't look like any cop here in Paris. Who are you really?" She said her finger on the trigger, ready to shoot. Sly cleared his throat and said in an awful Italian accent, "We are from the special force in Italy! We were in the area and got a call that there was a dangerous operation here."

Bentley and Murray nodded spastically agreeing with Sly. Carmelita lowered her gun a tiny bit. "Oh great! So what's your guy's names?" Nathan asked grinning. The trio glanced at each other nervously. "The call me Steven." Sly began. "I'm Benjamin." Bentley continued. "And I'm Mark." Murray finished.

"Nice to meet you all, gentleman." Nathan said shaking hands with all of them. Carmelita still didn't look convinced. "Special force? I worked in Venice for a short amount of time, and I had never heard of any sort of 'Special Force."

     "It's very unheard of." Murray began. "Top secret." Sly concluded. Nathan began walking around the room. Carmelita put her gun down. And sighed. "If your from Italy, then why were you in Paris?" She asked. This time it was Bentley who spoke. "We were just visiting Paris and then we got a call about an illegal business."

     All of a sudden, real lights turned on and Carmelita and Nathan could see the three of them. Uh oh... Sly thought. He stood there awkwardly as Carmelita and Nathan stared at them. Carmelita's eyes narrowed, a burning anger in them. She pulled out her shock pistol and fired at Sly. Sly quickly dodged the bullet.

     Carmelita kept firing at him, and Sly kept dodging the energy balls. "Cooper! You big liar! How are you always here!" She yelled. Sly shrugged and said "I guess were just drawn to each other."

      Carmelita tried to fire her gun again, but it was out of energy. She holstered her gun and stared at the trio. "You are all under arrest, you dirty thieves." Sly looked a little hurt. "Dirty thieves? Don't forget you have worked with us before, and calling us dirty is very insulting."