Chapter 10: Time travel

Scott raced through the house and threw open Nathan's door. "Nathan!" He yelled aggressively. Nathan shot upright in his bed. "What Scott?" He asked. There was a wild look in Scott's eyes. "Sly Cooper has been arrested." He said grinning. Nathan's eyes widened. "Really? Who arrested him?" Nathan questioned.

"Carmelita, obviously." Scott said. Nathan nodded and grinned. "She's so amazing." Nathan said more to himself then Scott. Scott's eyes widened. "Don't tell me you have a thing for her," Scott warned. Nathan shook his head spastically. "No, I just really admire her. She's great at her work, she's a strong person, she's super smart, and the prettiest woman I've ever seen..."

"Oh good grief, your in love with her?" Scott yelled. Nathan sighed. "Yeah, I am." He said quietly. Scott slapped his forehead. "Alright, enough about that. We have some very important things to do." He explained. Nathan met his eyes. "We do?"

Scott nodded. "Now get out of bed, get dressed, and meet me at the front door in ten minutes." He said leaving Nathan alone in his room. As Scott walked to the front door he smirked. Since Sly and his gang were currently on trial, that meant that there house was empty.

     Why was this so important? Well, Scott knew that Sly couldn't exist for his plan to work, so he had to go back to the start and cut it off before it began. Scott was a little surprised when he came up with the idea. He didn't even know he could think up a plan as dark as that.

     In order for his plan to work, he needed a time machine, and the only person he knew had one was Bentley. Scott planned on breaking into their home and taking the time machine for himself. Only problem was that he couldn't get in because of all the cops on guard. He needed Nathan to dismiss the other cops in order for them to get in.

     Scott stood just outside of the front door. He watched as citizens were lined up outside of the courthouse. Scott was a little bit confused but then he realized that they were all trying to get into Sly's trial. He didn't think that a trial like that would be so popular but apparently it  was.

     Nathan burst out the door and stumbled onto the porch. "What are we doing again?" He asked. Scott turned to him and stared into his soul. "We are about to break into a home." Scott explained. Nathan gave him a wide eyed glance. "Scott, you do know i am the law, right?"

Scott slapped his forehead. "Nathan, you are not THE LAW." He explained. Nathan rolled his eyes. "I know that! I just meant that I'm a police officer! We can't just go and break into houses randomly." He said in shock. Scott shook his head. "No, we are going to Sly and his friends house, and we are going to take something." Scott instructed.

Nathan got a worried look on his face. "What do they have that we need?" He asked a little scared. The two of them met eyes. "You'll find out." Scott said as he turned and descended the steps. Nathan scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Uh, are we going to walk there?" He asked as Scott strutted down the street.

Scott turned to him. "Your car fell apart last nigh when you crashed it into that donut shop, remember?" He said angrily. Nathan sighed and quickly ran after him.

     It took them about twenty minutes to run to the house the sought. When they finally made it, Nathan charged up the stairs faster than Sonic the Hedgehog. He stood breathlessly in front of five police officers. "Dismissed." He said quickly. The officers shared a worried glance, but then they shrugged and left the building.

     "Nathan you beautiful genius!" Scott yelled hoping up the stairs to meet him. Nathan raised one eyebrow suspiciously. "What are you, gay?" He asked rudely. Scott glared at him. "Why, are you interested?" Scott replied. There was an awkward silence. "No, that would be weird." Nathan said awkwardly.