part 13: skipping school

It was Wednesday morning, sadie layed at her bed with a pile of tissues on her bedside table. She has a fever since the trip with Finn and her friends. So in conclusion, yes she hasn't been to school in 3 days. Her friends haven't visited her because of "school work". She was in bed most of the time because of the headache.

Her phone buzzed, must be some texts from her friends she thought, or maybe him.

[one message from "finn fuckhead"]

finn fuckhead
hey sades!
are you doing better?

sadie the annoying baby
yeah I guess
when are you guys visiting :((

finn fuckhead
actually I'm on my way to your house right now 😌

sadie the annoying baby
WHAT
FINN IT'S 9:30 SHOULDN'T YOU BE IN SCHOOL

finn fuckhead
you're not my mom 😒
and yes but I'm skipping

sadie the annoying baby
FINN MICHAEL WOLFHARD

“sadie!” her mom called out from downstairs, walking upstairs with someone.

“she's inside lying in bed” she said while walking back downstairs.

“hey honey” the curly headed boy said while smiling awkwardly. Sadie sat up from her bed to look at him. He closed the door and walked to her bed.

“it's just a fever finn, I'm okay” she said with a cracked voice. He sat at the edge of her bed and looked at her.

“yeah for four days straight sadie, I'm worried” she smiled at him. She sat beside him and held his hand.

“it's normal okay?” she kissed his cheek. He smiled and then sat on her bed and tugged her blankets.

“hey what are you doing!” she said laughing. He pulls her into the bed and hugged her.

“I'm staying here until you get better” he said while looking at her smiling.

“Finn, go back to school” sadie sat up and looked at him.

“but what if you get worse” he looked at her and put a strain of her hair behind her ear.

“I won't, promise” she smiled. He sat up and kissed her cheek.

“bye I hate you” Finn said after he blew a kiss at her. Sadie responded by flipping her middle finger on him. He laughed and closed the door. Sadie went on her phone again to look at Instagram.

meanwhile, Finn didn't left Sadie's house to go back to school, he went home instead. He walked down the sidewalk with his headphones in. He finally got to his doorstep and sighed. He opened it slowly and took off his headphones.

“mom, I'm home” he said while putting his jacket off.

“mom?” he said loudly. He walked to the fridge to see if she left him a note, which she didn't. But he didn't think much of it, maybe she's at the grocery store.