Reed's Impossibility

This mission was getting pretty intense. Even for me, Thomas Reed.

I consider myself as a great agent… maybe ‘great’ isn’t a word to describe someone like me. I’m the best agent that HQ has to offer. I could handle any job that was handed to me, and I wouldn’t have any problems.

For some reason, this mission has been the most complicated job I’ve ever been obligated to participate in.

“Who the hell does she think she is!?” said Agent Scott.

I think the reason why its been really complicated, its because I’m teamed up with two deranged girls who could tear each other apart at any moment, a agent who rarely takes this job seriously, and the enemy that claims to be our “ally”. 

“I mean, she thinks she has the balls to make rash choices and pretends everything is sunshine and peaches!”

“Don’t you think your over exaggerating a bit? I mean so far, everything is going as planned… in a twisted way.”

She gave me a cold glare. “Coming from the guy who sided with her, doesn’t surprise me anymore. Funny, I expected Hawk to side with the tramp… but from you? Humph, I actually expected more.”

“Look, if you have a problem with how I do things tell it to someone who gives a shit!” I wasn’t going to stand here and listen to her insults anymore, so I walked toward the exit.

“Where do you think your going? We have work to do!” she yelled.

“Yeah yeah, I’m just going outside for a smoke.” Once I was out, all I could hear were cars passing by, and the sound of birds chirping  on the telephone line. I took out my pack, but remembered I lost my lighter while I was on vacation. Fuck this day.

“Need help?”

I was startled, almost thinking it was Agent Scott coming out to apologize for her silly little outburst. Instead it was Hawk, sneaking up on me without warning. He was offering his lighter, seeing I didn’t have one on me. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” he said.

There was a gap of silence in the air, which made me feel uncomfortable.

“So she kicked you out of the warehouse, or did you two have your first fight. I know how you feel, it reminds me the times when me and Keller would fight about the silliest things… ending with me eating dirt and her cheering with triumph.” he said.

“You and Agent Keller have known each other for a long time.”

“Since we were in diapers. Almost like brother and sister… almost.”

-Puff- “What do you mean by almost?” I asked.

He gave me a cocky stupid grin. “I know you love getting info from others, but my diary is sealed shut.”

He gave me such a headache, I sometimes wondered if he was being annoying on purpose or was just plain weird.

“Do you like Agent Scott?”

-Cough!- “Excuse me?” I asked while I was choking for air. 

“Your excused, but can you please answer my question before we go face to face with the evil pixie in there?”

My question was answered: he was doing this on purpose. “What the hell makes you think I like that demon?”

“Well I don’t know, maybe its because you both  look like a good couple… and in a way you both have a similar personality. Hey, I’m just thinking out loud. No need to give me the cold look.” he backed away slowly.