light of my life

"Caesar, you've got a pretty smile."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The stars shone bright. Brighter than Caesar had ever seen them, that was for sure. He stood motionlessly, taking another puff from his cigarette and shifting his gaze to the night sky. The cold, brisk air whisked past him, as he tugged his jacket closer to his body. Caesar took advantage of the silence, and slowly glanced backwards at the figure behind him.

"Joseph?"

"Huh? How did you know I was here?"

"You're standing right behind me, idiota."

"Hmph. Maybe I wanted you to know I was here."

The blonde just rolled his eyes, laughing softly as the younger boy pouted. He slowly moved over to where Joseph was standing, running his fingers over the brunette's cheek. Caesar refused to move his hand, it was just so adorable the way Joseph would melt under any kind of contact from the blonde. A soft sigh escaped the brunette's mouth as the Italian pulled his hand away.

"What's wrong, mio cuore?" The blonde mumbled in a teasing tone, pressing his face closer to Joseph's.

Their foreheads touched, and the brunette looked at Caesar with the softest smile he'd ever seen. "Nothing's wrong, I like when you touch me."

Caesar looked amused, and Joseph could feel his face flushing. The blonde slowly wrapped his arms around the brunette, and he let his lips linger above Joseph's before taking another puff of his cigarette.

"Fuck you! You're getting that shit in my nose, ack!" Joseph whined, his eyes screwing shut and his arms flailing to escape Caesar's tight grip.

"God, Jojo. Stop being such a bambino piccolo." The blonde glared at him, still breathing on the brunette's face.

Joseph let out a wheeze, and then peered at Caesar with his puppy eyes. They both knew it never worked, but the blonde would let him get away with it because he felt guilty. Joseph was now perched behind him, with his arms around his neck and his head resting firmly on Caesar's.

"Caesarinooooo, can I have a kisssss?" Joseph whispered, tugging at the blonde's hair in case he wasn't paying any mind.

Caesar smirked, because he knew exactly how to piss the brunette off without even trying. "Ask in Italian, then maybe I'll give you a kiss."

Joseph gritted his teeth, slowly gazing up at the sky instead of back down at the blonde. He tried to think of how the hell he would figure out how to say that in Italian. He thought back to when Caesar would talk about those countless girls he'd seduced, but Joseph barely payed attention to those pointless stories.

"Could I have a hint?"

"'Bacio' is how you say 'kiss'."

"If that's a hint, it's a real shitty hint."

"Sta 'zitto, or no kisses for you."

"Fine."

Caesar looked at Joseph in utter shock. "You understood what I said? Wow, I thought you were fottutamente stupido."

The brunette just grumbled. He didn't understand what Caesar said that time, but it was important that he figured out how to ask for a kiss in Italian because he was practically touch starved.

Joseph thought back to when Suzi Q had been talking to him. He completely forgot most of their conversation, but he recalled she said something along the lines of 'posso aiutarla?'. That was it!

The blonde was getting awfully bored, but he wouldn't give the brunette what he wanted so easily. "Have you figured it out yet?"

Joseph beamed at Caesar proudly. "I did. Posso avere un bacio?" Of course, he mispronounced every word in that sentence, but the blonde understood enough.

"You could have done way better with the pronunciation, but otherwise, good job." The blonde poked at Joseph, before pulling his face down and pressing their lips together. The faint taste of cigarette smoke and wine filled both of their mouths. Caesar tugged his lips away, watching the brunette's eyes wander over to his body as he crawled into the blonde's lap.

Caesar stroked Joseph's hair, as his lips curled into a faint smile. The younger boy looked up at him, his face lighting up.

"Caesar, you've got a pretty smile."

"Grazie, Jojo. Your smile isn't as nice as mine, I will recognize that."

"I hate you."

"Ti amo anch'io."

posting this for the second time lol,,