evening romance

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

the sunset in venice was truly a sight to behold.

the sky was something that could leave you in total awe, with the scenery in the background and perfect clear waters that reflected the pinks and yellows just right.

venice, the city of romance. the floaty essence could carry you away, with one wisp of the gentle, breezy wind.

two souls fell in love here. forever to be carried away with the wind, moving to the sun.

footsteps. holding hands, silence surrounds. romance can be defined in many ways, by anyone who chooses to define it. 

romance does not exist to some, but is yearned for by many. 

some are not meant for romance.

i believe we are.

fingers brushing up against each other, silent breathing. love in the air. soft hugs, fingertips resting on a cheekbone. 

they trace a neck, moving around ever so gently.

if only the feeling was shared between us.

the sky turned pink. red, puffy clouds circle above. the beauty is overwhelming, it could take you aback and make you cry.

soft tears falling. noiseless, but hurting. pain is unavoidable, but that is why romance exists. to blind pain, to blind the tears that fall silently, to be comforted.

the sun has started to disappear. an end to the best night of our lives. life is short, romance is shorter.

oranges and reds cover the sky.

"just for tonight, stay with me.." a mere whisper.

gone. two souls gone with the sun, hoping to meet again, somewhere.

more tears. what is the meaning of life? i could ponder for hours, and never conclude with an answer.

a faulty person. a guilty conscience. it sticks with me, eats me up inside until i can take it no longer.

sometimes you have to let go, in order to see what you miss. sometimes i don't want to let go.

sometimes i can't cry. the tears won't fall. i don't feel like myself, i feel like someone else. i feel like a murderer. i feel like it should have been both of us.

just to see your smile again, so radiant and warm against the unfairness of the world.

"amore, you're mine, forever and always." you tell me, gentle and soft.

"i know." i respond.

if only i could tell you that i love you. i still love you. forever i will. 

hoping to connect again. in the stars. alone among themselves.

sometimes it gets to me. i'll take the blame for letting you get hurt, letting you die.

i don't realize that it isn't my fault. it was meant to happen, i couldn't have stopped it.

nobody can reassure me. they're all dead. i'll die soon, anyways.

until then, i'll try my best to do whatever it takes to meet you one last time.

even if the last time is for both of us.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

i actually really like this poetry-like writing style, should i do more??? (also this is from joseph's pov if you're wonderinG-)