Short story (FULL STORY)

Elias:

I'm driving and Liz is gazing out the passenger window. It's like Liz left her own body with how far she is into her mind. The feeling of cold leather against my skin pricks goosebumps across my arms or maybe it's just what we saw today. The car starts to smell hot. I look at Liz with pitiful eyes before I lose control of the car, which causes it to roll.

A millisecond later the car is filled with pronounced screams and the metallic taste of blood. I try to speak but can't, no noise comes out. The car halted to a stop there was no noise, no screams, no sound of breathing all you could hear was the blood dripping off the wounds onto the roof

drip.

drip.

drip

in the eerie quiet.

Before the accident: Liz

We are heading to Mom's house to surprise her on her birthday; I haven't seen her in awhile so I thought it would be a nice surprise. I caress the delicate flowers I got for her. The azaleas are her favorite. Elias isn't as excited about going to moms as I am. Though i'm not sure if I blame him, my mom is a bit headstrong. And Elias has only met her once and all she did was interrogate him.

Although I am bringing him with me because even if she is a bit annoying, she really doesn't mean anything by it, she just wants to get to know you more. As I walk up the driveway to my mother's house, I wonder if this is a good idea.?

Maybe I should have called? As soon as I ring the doorbell my mother answers the door. "Oh my god, what are you doing here ?!!" My mother says. " You should have known that I would at least make time for my Mom's 43rd birthday!" I reply the wind picks up, slowly, though I take note of it. But then a frightening look is on my Mom's face.

"You need to leave now, it's not safe for you here," she says. "What do you mean, Mom what's going on?" "Please leave I don't want you to get hurt, I messed up and I'm going to pay for my actions! I don't want you to pay for something that I did." Elias shortly follows after me and shoved his way through my mother and I.

Elias: 

I heard her mother speak with a slight note of distaste in her tone and i'm thinking Liz didn't pick up on that. I search for something that could cause the scary lady distaste toward her own daughter and find it immediately.

Oh. My. God. I can't even begin to comprehend what I'm seeing right now. Its blood. A lot of it. What did this woman do? Along the walls are hand prints.

And then I see it, The unlucky donor of all this blood. I walk into the bathroom and the body is in the tub. Wait a minute... I know her. It's a spitting image of her mother, the same features Everything. The person hasn't been dead for awhile, almost as if they were killed in the last hour or so. As soon as I realise that is her mother. I turn towards the direction of Liz to tell her to run and as I turn around I am met face to face with Liz.

The woman in the bathtub is her mother but that doesn't explain who is standing not far away. Does she know we know? I don't know, but all I do know is that we need to get out of here. I grab Liz's hand and run out the door I start the car immediately. I shudder, not knowing who that was in the house, to be honest I don't even care anymore. As i'm driving north to the nearest police station, I see something I don't know what but I do. It's a silhouette of a person It looks like Liz's mom.

I'm driving looking for the figure again and Liz is gazing out the passenger window. Its like liz left her own body with how far she is into her mind. The feeling of cold leather against my skin pricks goosebumps across my arms or maybe it's just the fact of what we saw today. The car starts to smell hot. I look at Liz with pitiful eyes before I lose control of the car, which causes it to roll.

A millisecond later the car is filled with muted screams and the metallic taste of blood. I try to speak but can't no noise comes out. The car halted to a stop there was no noise, no screams, no sound of breathing all you could hear was the blood dripping off the wounds onto the roof

drip.

drip.

drip

in the eerie quiet.