Chapter Five

It was 7:00pm and Michael would be here to pick us up in about an hour and a half. After showers both me and V blow dried, straightened our hair and re applied makeup. For tonight I went with a smokey eye with my favourite dark shadows. My Green Day tank hung loosely from my body but my tight ass jeans balanced the outfit. I accessorized with my silver anchor dangaling necklace and a couple of layered bracelets. V wore a maroon coloured tank that highlighted her breasts and a pair of blue skinnies. 
   "We both look pretty damn hot, if I do say so myself." She said lifting her chin in the air and smirking in my direction. I giggled and replied with a sheepish 'You think so' type of smile. I poured us both some pree-drinks and we put on our favourite playlist to dance around the house to, helping pass the time while waiting for Michael. 
   Around 8:45 the phone rang telling me that someone was buzzing downstairs from the lobby. Michael's here. I pulled my pair of combat boots over my jeans and laced them, watching V quickly run to the bathroom to put a comb through her hair for one last time. She put on a gorgeous pair of white heels that made her legs look amazingly long. 
   "Ready Freddy?" she asked giving me a wink.
   "You're a dork" I laughed at her and headed out the door with the clack of V's heels following me. The elevator ride consisted of us checking our bags to make sure we had everything we needed for the night like keys, I.D, wallet, the essentials. Veronicas' heels sounded even louder on the ceramic floor of the apartment lobby. The same black vehicle that I was in only last night was waiting for us outside the doors. V gave me a genuinely excited smile. Oh, God. V pushed me into sitting in the front and she jumped in the middle back seat. Michael was wearing his famous black skinny jeans that were literally the only thing I've ever seen him in and a white v-neck which showed off his collar bones and neck. He looks pretty damn good. We exchanged small talk all the way to down town. I was the first one to hop out of the car when we parked, followed by V and lastly Michael. As I was shutting the car door I heard V's heels click clacking away from us and I assumed she was just really eager to start our night. I turned to see her halfway across the parking lot hugging some guy that I've never seen before. She grabbed him by the hand and pulled him to Michael's car. 
   "Beth, Michael. This is Aaron." she introduced Aaron with a smile and went on, "I invited him to join us tonight." Me and Michael exchanged looks then both said hello and our 'nice to meet yous'. After scoping out the place and seeing what was happening I pulled V into the ladies room. 
   "I know what you're doing." 
   "What are you talking about?" She asked with a cheeky smile plastered on her face. "Okay, well yeah I know what you're talking about and you're very welcome." She turned to the mirror and began fixing her hair, looking at herself from different angles. I'm torn between loving and hating when she does shit like this. I smiled and brushed the topic off. She took my hand and pulled me out of the bathroom and back onto the dance floor. Across the floor sat Michael and Aaron making small talk at a booth sipping on beers. 
   The night went on and so did the cheesy drunken dancing that consumed most of our nights out. Michael and I were dancing like we've been best friends for years. I think that's one of my favourite and least favourite things about Michael. He can both break make me feel so comfortable when I know that I am definitely out of my comfort zone. He held my hand and pranced us around in circles with continuous laughter and stumbling. Dancing with Michael, Veronica and Aaron felt like it lasted forever.
   The morning came far too early along with a far too bright sun. I was curled up in a sea of blankets in my bed facing the wall that my Queen size bed is pushed up against. Sleep filled my tear ducts making me feel groggy. Hot breath was making it's way up my neck and tickling my freshly woken up skin. V must have crawlen into bed with me last night. I rolled over to look at my alarm clock and was surprised to see Michael peacefully sleeping beside me. Ah, man. I kicked my foot up to swing it over the bed and from under the covers V grumbled. Sitting up carefully so I wouldn't wake up Michael or V who were both sharing my bed with me. V was sprawled across the foot of the bed burried in pillows and Michael was limply sleeping in peace on the left side of the bed. Weird that he didn't go home. I stood up and tiptoed across the room to grab my pack of cigarettes and the ash tray. 9:00 a.m on a weekend morning? Too early to wake up with a hangover. I wasn't planning to be up for long so I crawled back in bed beside Michael and lit my smoke placing the ash tray on the window sil directly above my side of the bed. I lifted the blankets to pull them over myself and Michael stirred in the sheets. Shitshitshit. I carefully scooched over trying not to wake him. His green eyes fluttered open and he looked up at me. 
   "Goodmorning?" he sounded so tired. It was adorable. 
   "No, not good morning I'm going back to sleep and you should too. It's early. I'll go sleep on the couch and give you the bed." I began to get up when I felt his arms wrap around me pulling me back onto the bed and into his chest.

   "No, stay." he trailed off for a minute. "I found it easier to fall asleep next to you." My heart skipped a thousand beats. I think he noticed because I could feel him smile next to my ear. "Go back to sleep." he whispered. I turned around to face the wall and he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling my back into his chest. His warmth and calmness took over me sending me back to sleep.