Chapter 3- A Visitor.

I sat in my hospital bed, my head sunk into my pillow and tears that wouldn't stop streaming down my face. I felt like I was suffocating, drowing in my own tears. Everything was blury and I could just hear the small pats of rain on the window, the sun was still shining though. I needed my mom, I wanted her here and I never wanted her to leave me. The thought of seeing Katy, at this minute I didn't care where she was just as long as she didn't come back here. I couldn't believe her, as if she'd just say that to me and then leave, leave me to deal with it on my own. Where was my mom, "mom" I wispered out loud, hoping that some how she would hear my cries and come running through the door anytime soon with open arms and my dad by her side. I felt like I needed to be angry at my parents, for not telling me, for keeping it a secret all these years, but right now I just couldn't... I needed them. More than I'd ever needed them before in my life. 

As if by magic, I saw my mom walk past the window and then in through the door, holding a cup of coffee in her hands. She hadn't looked at me yet, she turned around to shut the door behind her, "Your dad's just gone to sort something out he won't be-" she turned around and saw the mess I was in. "Oh Samantha!" she threw her coffee onto the side table and ran over to me as I hoped she would, with open arms, those arms that I felt the most safe in, those arms of my mother. Full of love, the most amazing hugs that would usually make me forget everything, make everything feel better. I just hoped they worked now. I sunk my head into her shoulder. "Do you want me to get a nurse?"

"No, I don't need a nurse" I sobbed, feeling her arms tighted around my kneck and one hand rubbing my back. 

"What's wrong? Has Katy said something to you? Your dad just saw her running out of the hospital in tears, did something happen between you two?" I nodded in reply, then lifted my head up and looked at my mom. 

"She told me mom, she told me and then ran, she just ran and left me here on my own," 

"Wait, wait, wait... told you what?" her eyebrows creased as touched my tear soaked chin with the tip of her finger and lifted it up. 

"You already know! You know, dad knows, she knows... everyone knows," 

"I'm confused, I-I'm not on the same page," she shook her head, but I knew she knew what I was on about. 

"Yes you are, you know exactly what I'm on about, you're just scared to say it," I confronted her, giving her evils but holding her arms at the same time. I was angry, so angry and I wanted her to know that. At the same time, I couldn't let her leave me, I knew she wouldn't just leave me like Katy did. 

"Samantha, what has Katy said to you?" she said sternly, her eyes were wide and it looked like she was about to cry. 

"She's my..." I sobbed harder, dropping my head into my hands, forcing out the word, "mom." I didn't look at her, but I knew she was upset. I could hear her quietly sobbing and sniffing. "She told me and then does what she's best at, running away from her problems...me, her problem. I mean, when she said it I knew straight away she wasn't lying. The look in her eyes as she said it, it makes sense... this is why she's always been over protective of me. I hate-I hate her!"

"No you don't! You're shocked, upset I know that, but you don't hate her,"

"Yes I do," Of course I didn't, I wanted to, I was trying to. I just couldn't, how could I ever hate Katy?

"I can't believe she told you, what on earth was she thinking? You've just been in a serious accident and nearly died!" Her voice was slightly more angry. 

"I saw the injection mark on her hand, the doctor said my 'mother' gave the blood to me. I wanted answers, so she told me." 

"Listen, I'm still you mother sweetie," she held my hand tight in her own and stared my in the eyes, "I love you with all my heart and this is not going to change things between us okay? I have two daughters and that is not going to change, we'll get through this as a family! I know it's hard now, but we can get through it, I know we can." I shook my head in dissagreement. How could things ever get back to normal? It's not like I can just get over this, my whole life has been a complete lie. My parents aren't my parents and my sister is my mother! Right now, I was just wishing I hadn't woken up from the coma, wishing my life had ended in the car crash. My dad came walking through the door, he was rubbing the hand sanatizer into the palms of his hands.