10) Chivalry isn't dead

The effect was calming

The effect was calming. Somewhere far, the tinkling of wind chimes could be heard. The cool breeze glided across my face gently playing with my hair. The grass under my feet crunched softly as the stream running beside sparkled in the sunlight. Its pebbles glistening.

It was a fine morning, the morning you always want to wake up to . The fine morning in the fairytales.

Ahead of me stood a house, a small one with a little balustrade in its upper floor. The aqua door was closed and bolted, yet it seemed welcoming. Surprisingly, smoke came out from the chimney, black clouds almost contrasting the yellow and aqua house. And the clouds grew in size, becoming bigger and bigger until it wasn't just coming out of the chimney. Flames burst into life, crackling and roaring, covering the side of the house.

No! This wasn't supposed to be it. I wanted to run, wanted to embrace the house which was a bizarre,I wanted to put out the fire but I did none . Instead I stood there feeling as if a part of me was burning along with the house. A part I'll never get back. That was until, someone appeared beside me.

"Sapphire " she said and stopped.

"Jay!jay!! JAY!!!"

I wrinkled my nose as a funny smell hit me. Even before opening my eyes, I could feel the intensity of a couple of eyes on me.

I gulped and slowly opened my eyes.
Ace was shaking my shoulders while mils was staring at me like she had seen a ghost. Her face was drained out of colour , clearly not a good Sign.

"She's waking up. Everybody move. Give her some air" Ace shouted shoving some of the students staring at me.

"Are you alright!" Mils whispered beside me.

I hummed as I tried to sit up and felt the pain pierce through my skull and groaned.

"Not so fast! "

"Seriously I'm okay" I exclaimed , the pain in my head saying otherwise.

"At least give me a sign before you black out like that again. You just took the living crap out of me." Ace exclaimed turning back to me.

I frowned.

"Come on , I'll buy you lunch." Ace gave me a hand.

I could feel something tugging my heart. Dullness filling in. I ignored it and got hold of his hand. As I lifted myself up something shifted.

"No!!!" A girl cried running towards the burning house.

"Aqua, no! " A guy ran to her screaming.

"Its okay, you're okay. We'll fix it up" The guy said as he grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"Call them! get a firecrew!!" Another guy shouted to some people who were scattering around. Everything was a bizarre. But one thing was sure, it was horrifying to all of them.