PROLOGUE

Prologue

Everyone-- Chinmay, Antra, Maa, papa, Nidhi's parents-- were at our apartment. The occasion was our second anniversary. When I and Nidhi got married two years ago, that day was the best day of my life. I got married to the love of my life and I couldn't be anymore happier.

"I don't know what I am about to do right now Nidhi but please go with the flow." I was shaking. "I mean no! Don't just go with the flow, you have to be in your full senses while you answer this because it's no joke. Commitment is no joke, marriage is no joke. Irony right? Says the one who got married thrice in the past and still shamelessly hopes that this would work out fine. But I'm being very serious right now. Nidhi Deshmukh, marry me, please. I know it came out more like a plead than like a question but I want you to marry me. I want to wake up beside you not just once in a while. I want it to happen until the day I live. I want to make crappy breakfasts for you every day and then hear you groan at how disgusting it tastes. I want to take you out on dates, to vacations, to family trips with our children. I want to give you every damn happiness in the world that you deserve. The sky wasn't just blue, it showed me every color while you tagged along. Your presence made my life so much better. You made me want to become a better human. And I'm not even bragging just to impress you. I know that you know my story, but please consider, I'll never make you regret this. Marry me, pretty please?" I breathed out all at once.

There she was, right in front of me, looking at the platinum ring with a little diamond on the top, I held in front of her. I wasn't on my knees, but we were sitting on a wooden bench in the park. It was nearly midnight. And I had to do this today. The only person who knew about my plan was Chinmay and he even helped me choose the ring last minute.

"Nidhi, don't stay quiet. You're getting me all worried." I said as she said nothing for the next two minutes.

Her head was bowed down. I placed my free hand under her chin and moved her head so she was now facing straight to me.

"No no no! Oh my God what do I do?" I panicked as I saw tears in her eyes. "Baby don't cry. You can say no if you want. There's no hurry. I'm not in a hurry. I'm ready whenever you are." I said as I closed the box of the ring and placed it down on the bench. I slid my arm around her shoulder and give her a slight squeez to tell her that it was okay.

She slapped my chest slightly, rubbing her tears away with another hand. "They were happy tears Darshan. Why do you get freaked out so easily?" She asked.

"Because I'm terrified of losing you." I look into her eyes.

"Yes. A thousand times." She smiles.

"Ehh what?" I asked confusingly.

And that's when I realized that it was the answer to my proposal. She picked up the box and opened it in front of me. She nodded at me, telling me to go ahead. I took the ring out carefully and took her ever so delicate hand in mine. I gently put it on her ring finger. I was so much happy that I never realized it that kissed her right there and then.

All were seated at the dining table, as we were all set for dinner. Nidhi was sitting right beside me and while everyone was busy talking to each other, I couldn't take my eyes off of my wife. I admired her beauty so much. She was the most beautiful, precious and proud possession of mine.

After having a good talk over dinner, Chinmay decided to show us our surprise he'd been bragging about for over a year. And for that purpose, he gathered everyone in the living room. All had a seat on the couch. Nidhi took a seat on the arm-chair while I sat on the arm of the arm-chair. I put my hand on her shoulder and placed a little kiss on her forehead. She looked at me and smiled while mouthing me an 'I love you'.

Chinmay was near the TV. I watched as he tried to put a pen-drive where it needed to be put. After what seemed like ten minutes, the video started. At first, it showed the name of its creator- Chinmay and Antra. As it started to show the actual content, I was at awe. It was my and Nidhi's journey. Right from the day that we met, every capture was perfect. I wondered when he took all the pictures. I need to ask him though.

And then there was this clip which he said was the last one. It was my night of the proposal. Of course he placed a camera somewhere. How could I not realize that? I looked at Nidhi and she had big fat tears in her eyes like she had that day as well. She stood up and excused herself to go to our bedroom.

By now, I realized it wasn't just her that had tears in her eyes but everyone. Because this was private to us until now. And I'm glad that Chinmay captured this moment.

Oh shit! I just realized that we were about to share a kiss in ten,

nine,

eight,

seven,

six,

five,

four,

three,

two,

"Aaahhhhh!!!!"

Everyone was now looking at where the scream came from and when I realized, I ran, like crazy.

I stood at the bedroom door and my eyes were out. Nidhi lied on the floor, semi-conscious, and it immense pain that was evident on her face. The liquid surrounded her and that was what terrified me.

"CHINMAY!!!! AMBULANCE!!! NOW!!" I yelled as I sat down beside her. I put my hand under her head in means of resting it on my lap.

"Baby, breathe. Its all gonna be fine."

******

I paced impatiently in the hospital corridors while Maa and Aai tried convincing me that it'll be fine. Its been nearly an hour and a half since the doctor took Nidhi inside the OT. I was sick worried. It wasn't even the right time yet. What is wrong? I just hoped that everything was fine. and that's when my prayers were heard. The doctors came out.

"We'll be shifting to ICU. She's on anesthesia right now so you can visit her after some time." The doctor said.

I again waited impatiently for sometime before the doctor called me and said that he wanted to discuss something important. It was about time so instead of taking me to his office, he took me to the ICU.

And even before he could speak anything, I had tears in my eyes at the scene in front of my eyes. Nidhi mirrored my expressions. I went near to her bed and kissed her forehead and told her that I'm proud of her and that I loved her, before I went near the incubator. It had two tiny baby girls covered with tubes everywhere which were helping them breathe. They were so small and fragile that I knew I will do anything in my power to protect them. These three-- Nidhi, and our two baby girls-- now ruled my world and my existence means nothing without them.

Like/Comment

SpreadLove

Priyanka x