chapter ten

important author's note at the end! please read it <3

Sabrina

Standing in front of Houston's house with a box of muffins in hand was something I never thought I would be doing.

However this final year of college was proving itself to be quite surprising.

Especially now that I was face-to-face with his bare chest.

Houston was standing behind the threshold of his front door, his body weight leaning onto the frame as he looked at me with a smirk. I just knew he was making that face due to my rosy cheeks which seemed to never disappear in his company. I hadn't been expecting him to answer the door since it was still early in the morning, let alone do it half naked.

          I felt my eyes widen at the sight of his smooth washboard abs, which appeared to be carved by God himself. I didn't miss the way the faint line of hair trailed from his navel and disappeared behind the waistline of his grey sweatpants. Suddenly my mouth was dry as my eyes raked downwards from his handsome face to the big indent of his crotch.

         Oh my goodness.

         "Keep staring and soon you'll have drool coming out of your mouth."

         The sound of his teasing voice pulled me out of my trance and I immediately became embarrassed. He caught me. In order to get the attention off of my staring, I gestured towards the box of muffins in my hands.

         Houston cocked an eyebrow. "What are those? Let me guess, something to do with blueberries?"

         "Blueberry muffins." I informed him, stepping inside as he pulled the door open wider for me to come through. The air condition from the house instantly cooled down my body from the early September heat. "I figured I would get you an 'I'm sorry' gift."

"And what do you have to be sorry for?"

            I bit my lip. "It was brought to my attention that I may or may not have been a bitch to you."

His smirk only grew wider. "Oh, really? And you think a box of—" Houston paused as he pointed to the package pressed against my torso. "—muffins is going to make up for it?"

My mouth suddenly felt like the Sahara desert and I struggled to find words to respond with. Taking a small step backwards, I felt like a complete idiot. "Um, this was a mistake. I—"