Chapter 3 - The Long-Nosed Man

Aiichi, went from anger to sadness, seeing how he is already feels hated for driving away a man that was harming a woman. He decides to sleep it off to calm down, while at the same time, he has to be registered at Shujin the next day. As he fell asleep, he suddenly dreams of being in prison, wearing the classic black and white inmate outfit, chained in long cuffs, and by the black ball attached to his wrist. He wakes up in it, seeing two young looking girls in police outfits, and an old man with a long nose and a deep voice.

Long-nosed man: Trickster. Welcome to my Velvet Room.

Aiichi: What is going on?

Loudmouthed girl: So you've come to, Inmate!

Calm girl: The other you in the real world is still asleep. You're experiencing it as a dream.

Loudmouthed girl: Stand up straight, Inmate! You're standing in front of our master! Show some respect!

Long-nosed man: Welcome. I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter. It is a room that only those who are bound by a "contract" may enter. My name is Igor. The master of this place. Hope you can remember that.

Aiichi: *gripping on the prison bars*

Igor: I summoned you to speak of important matters. It may also involve your life.

Aiichi: Let me out, damn it!

Loudmouthed girl: SHOW SOME RESPECT, INMATE!!!! *slams the bars with the stick, causing some electric discharge* Who do you think you're talking to?! Know your place!

Igor: The state of this room reflects the state of your own heart. Frankly, I didn't think it would be a prison. You truly are a "prisoner" of fate. There is ruin coming in the near future.

Aiichi: What are you talking about?!

Igor: I speak of the end to everything, of course. However, you can prevent that fate, via rehabilitation. Rehabilitation toward freedom. That is the only way to avoid ruin. Do you have what it takes to challenge the distortion of the world?

Aiichi: I...I don't want this ruin...What can I do?

Igor: *chuckles a bit* Very well. Allow me to observe the path of your rehabilitation.

The two young girls step close to each other, facing Aiichi.

Igor: Ah yes. I haven't introduced you to these two. To your right is Caroline and to your left is Justine. They serve as wardens here.

Caroline: Ha! Struggle all you want, Inmate!

Justine: The duty of wardens is to protect inmates. We are also your collaborators, if you remain obedient.

Igor: I'll explain their roles another time.

The two wardens turn around, facing Igor.

Igor: It seems time is almost over. You will be awakened soon. Take your time to slowly come to understand this place. We will surely meet again, eventually.

The alarm triggers, which startles Aiichi a little.

Caroline: Time's up. Now hurry up and go back to sleep.

Aiichi: Wait! Explain more! What is going on?!

Caroline: I said go back to SLEEP!!!! *slams the bars again*

Justine: You'll learn more about the Velvet Room another time. Just go rest, and be prepared for morning.

Aiichi: Tch...

Aiichi gets back to his bed, and sleeps, waking up in the real world.