Confession (1)

(I'll probably be writing more versions of a confession so...)
She ran through the field, plucking flowers occasionally. It was the same meadow they always went to, but she cherished the weekly visits.
Azriel stood under a large willow that looked like a red cherry blossom tree. Elain was still fascinated by the magical plants of this world.
The flowers in her hand were an assortment of greens and yellows. "Az," she said angling the flowers so that she could see them in a better light. "Do you think these are the same color?"
He was sitting against the oak now, he shook his head. She placed the yellow ones back on the floor and took a spot next to him. He watched as Elain weaved the flowers into a crown.
It was something she made regularly for everyone, but Azriel tended to be the most frequent receiver since he usually was the one who took her to the meadow.
"I think the green compliments your eyes." She said without looking up from her work. He blushed, he thought they were plain hazel, nothing special or eye-catching.
As if reading his thoughts Elain said, "They remind me of the pine forests by the mountains." She began placing the flower crown, moving strands, and shifting it on his head.
She stood up and brushed off the petals that had fallen on her dress. For some reason, he stood as well, and the words fell out,
"I love you."
She turned and looked up at him scanning his eyes for the truth in that statement. To her surprise, he was smiling down at her.
A genuine smile that she could feel in her bones, a smile that caused her soul to glow in response. Elain unknowingly took a step forward. "But, I thought- how?"
He closed the distance and cupped her face in his palms, "I think I knew the moment I saw you," he seemed to be searching for the words to explain, "My mind is always racing. I think it may be guilt or a grudge but- Mor was somehow able to distract me from the whispering shadows, and slow everything down,"
His finger grazed her cheekbone and he smiled once more, "But then I saw you and- it all went away." Elain hadn't realized she was crying, but he tenderly wiped away the tears.
They were barely an inch apart, "When I say I love you Elain Archeron," she angled her head so that their eyebrows met. The flowers on his head now brushed her hair. "I mean it."
She didn't remember who initiated it but, their lips met and no one and nothing else seemed to exist.