simon's weakness

Simon

I should be asleep by now but every time I close my eyes I see the 11 year old simon, tossing that ball in his hand. It's been an especially rough few weeks recently. The Mage keeps sending me on missions and yet another one of those idiotic goblins tried to kill me. After Penny and I saw the Humdrum, I thought the mage would find him with us because now we know what he looks like. But the Mage has been avoiding me since summer started. On top of all that, Baz is being more of an asshole than usual which I didn't think was possible. I'm almost starting to forget what his face looks like when he isn't sneering at me. I snap out of my thoughts and realise that I'm staring at Baz sleeping a few inches away from me. I notice that he's been wearing his hair different the past week. Instead of slicking it back he's started to let strands of it fall to the sides of his face. I'm staring at a particular lock of jet black hair, fallen across his face when suddenly I see his lips curl into a smirk. I immediately snap my eyes shut, hoping he didn't catch me staring. A minute later I open one eye slightly to see if he's awake. Thank heavens, he's still asleep. If he caught me staring I don't know what I'd do. It's almost happened before. This past week since he's been wearing his hair
loosely, my eyes just seem to linger at his face for a few seconds too long every time I look at him. It's probably nothing. I mean, I guess Baz is a good looking bloke. I'm sure all the girls in our class stare at him too. He's probably just wearing his hair different because he's plotting on how to distract me so that he can murder me. After imagining how Baz's hair would feel under my fingers for an amount of time that I'm choosing not to think about, I feel my eyelids getting heavy so I close them, blocking out thoughts of the humdrum with thoughts of how soft that strand of Baz's hair is.

***

I wake up to see Baz stepping out of the en suite with his hair slicked back. It's a weekend today but of course he's up early, probably needs to start plotting as soon as he can. I turn around and bury my face in my pillow, trying to fall back asleep but I have no luck.  I turn around to stare at the ceiling and as I do, something catches my eye. It's Baz. He's.. um.. he's wearing.. uhh... j-jeans. I unconsciously sit up in my bed and gape at him with my mouth hanging open. His back is turned to me, so he can't see what a ridiculous face I'm making. I try to tear my eyes away but somehow they find their way back to his jeans. They just... fit so snug on his long legs... the perfect shade of blue... "Crowley, Snow. You look like you just saw the Humdrum," Baz sneers as he tucks a lock of hair behind his ear. I snap my mouth shut and bring my eyes up to his face to glare at him. He turns his back to me once again and my eyes find their way back to the denim on his legs. He opens the door and walks out, leaving it open of course, to spite me. My eyes try to follow him out the door but he's gone. My brain finally returns back to Mummers at Watford and I slap my forehead with my palm. What was I thinking? Besides the fact that Baz was wearing jeans! He's probably gone for the weekend to meet Fiona so I think I can hold off on figuring out how not to look at him till Monday. I fall back in my bed and add "Baz wearing jeans" to the list of things not to think about. The list suddenly seems very ineffective.