a a a a a h h

last night i was watching tv with my mom and she got up to go to the bathroom

so i started scrolling through tiktok

and one of the videos was a trans guy receiving his binder

i smiled, because i was really fucking happy for him. i support the trans community, yanno?

and at that exact moment my mom comes out of the bathroom and asks what i'm smiling at.

i tell her that i'm happy for a trans guy who got his binder

she raises an eyebrow in confusion

i explain to her what a chest binder is

and then she frickin rolls her eyes and says "is that one of those gay lesbian things?"

i say, "he's trans"

she scoffs and she's about to say some shit, but neither of us really wanted to argue at the time

and it got me thinking

if my mom hates the fact that i'm an ally of the LGBTQ+ community, how is she gonna react if i tell her i'm bi?

i know i make jokes with my friends, saying shit like "i'll just wait until they die lmao" or "i'll wait until their memory stops working and they don't even know who i am" but i can't really do that.

my parents always say i can tell them anything, but anyone my age knows that is such a lie.

i don't even know how they'll react. my mom says shit in front of my friends like "if you're gay i'd support you no matter what" but then in private she says "if you were a lesbian i'd have a heart attack"

my dad has told me that "bisexuality is a beautiful thing, loving both genders," but that doesn't make it any less scary for me.

idk maybe i'm just paranoid for no reason ._.