Branded

Nico's POV:
I was too dizzy to feel embarrassed. My head hurt from being held upside down and the flashlight on me prevented me from shadow traveling.
Well, I guess that's not important right now. I'll deal with him later.
I blinked. What would be important right now?
Ah yes, back to business.
   He turned away from the door and towards me.
You're not the first to run away. Well... you're not the first to try. First to succeed though.
   I raised an eyebrow. I thought these people absolutely loved their life being serial killers.
   Nearly everyone tries to run away at some point. What I'm going to do doesn't necessarily stop them from trying again, but I always know where they are. And it very easily persuades them to stay.
   My breathing quickened. What would he do. How would I get away this time? Surely it can't be that bad.
Laughing Jack, you can go.
   The psychotic clown dropped me suddenly and left in an instant.
   Pain shot up my back as I hit the ground. I was unable to move for a dizzying moment.
Hold still.
   One of Slenderman's tentacles menacingly  crept towards my right hand.
   My senses came back to me in a moment and I was on my feet and scrambling towards the dark corners of the room.
   Suddenly his tentacles shot from his back and wrapped me up in a tight grip. He pulled me towards the light, taking my only option of escape away once again.
I told you to hold still.
   He grabbed my right hand and inspected my wrist. He then used one of his tentacles to trace a shape onto my wrist. Then Slenderman places me on the floor.
   I looked at my wrist, nothing looked different. I didn't feel different. "What did you d-"
   I doubled over in pain. My head filled with static and my vision tinted red. I screamed as what felt like millions of hot iron nails drove themselves into every inch of my being.
It was over as suddenly as it had started. I was left panting and trembling on the floor.
Go to your room, you'll receive orders later. Slenderman said flatly.
"What the hell did you do." I growled, shakily rising to my feet.
He didn't respond but instead gestured to the door.
I ignored him and looked at my wrist. Was that a tattoo? It was a circle with an X going through it. I raised an eyebrow.
"And how exactly will this keep me from leaving?"
I will always know where you are-
"Unsettling," I cut him off, "but not enough to keep me here. Bye." I turned towards the shadows once again.
The pain came back for a fraction of a second but I was still on the ground shaking.
Unless you think you can live a normal life in constant agony I suggest you do as told. Now wait in your room.
I grit my teeth and stumbled to my feet. I glared at Slenderman and started to shadow travel.
On the floor screaming yet again. It went on for the eternity of ten seconds.
After the pain subsided my eyes darted back to the shadows.
Don't even think about it. Go to your room or I will make you.
"Vaffanculo. I'm not following a word you say." I spat.
Very well, have it your way. Laughing Jack, take care of him.
The monochrome clown re-entered the room and grinned at me as the pain consumed me once again.
Soon enough he tossed me to the hard floor of a place I had hoped never to set foot in again.
The blinding pain died down only to be replaced with blinding light. I slowly sat up and squinted. Why was it so bright in here? I could barely see a thing. I stumbled to my feet and tried to look around. The broken bed had been replaced. I looked back and tried the now closed door. Locked. Merda.
I grimaced. That makes things more difficult. I checked my side, I still had my sword. Why didn't he take it? I unsheathes the dark weapon and looked at the door.
   The more I thought about it the more it seemed like a good idea. A great idea even. Anything to escape.