Letter 8: Writing Your Book

The future

                                                                                       25th of May, 2020

Hi x, 

You just started out a book on wattpad -well the first book you're planning to publish anyways- and I understand the thrill of it, wanting everyone to read it, wanting to wake up to votes and comments, wanting your story to matter. 

But the thing is, eventually you forgot that you're writing for yourself first before for your readers -that we both love so much- you're writing books for you first. 

So even if views, votes and comments naturally make you happy, it shouldn't be the only thing that matters, because it's not. Even if your story doesn't get the recognition you imagined, you have to love it because it's yours and you made it and you like it. 

Also it's your first real writing, so you shouldn't hold your hopes up to the point that no views means that the story is terrible. It's your first attempt so take it easy on yourself and give yourself room to improve. 

I honestly hope you could've reminded yourself why your story matters to you, before how to make it matter for someone else. Because a work made of love will automatically attracts the love of readers, because they will feel it's genuine, heartfelt. 

Wish I can learn of this too. 

Your present self.