Letter 4: Acting out of anger!

The future

                                                                                         17th of May, 2020

Hi x, 

How many decisions did you make in a moment of anger that you immediately regretted? If you know that you don't think straight when angry, why do you do the same mistake over and all over again? 

Do you know how many people we lost because of this? How many moments we ruined because of it? Do you know how many nights I've laid in my bed and thought how a lot of things could've been different if you didn't act out of anger? 

I'm not blaming you for getting angry, but I'm blaming you for not distancing yourself from a situation to calm down before dealing with it. It's as simple as that. 

The worst feeling is to be trapped in the cycle of getting angry, hurting people, then regretting it. What's even worse is knowing the way out of it, but still repeating the same mistake. 

I try to learn from your mistakes, but that doesn't change how many people we've hurt, how many chances we've missed, and how many moments we've ruined. 

I wish you could read that, and really think about how you let anger take the reigns, how you let it make decisions for you. Even if it would be too late.. 

Your present self.