Letter 2: Imperfect is better?

The future

                                                                                                                  14th of May,2020

 Hi x

It's never going to be perfect, you do realize that don't you? You do realize perfection is subjective? So even if you reach your so called perfection, you'll find out you're the only one who thinks so?

Do you know the regret I feel now? For all the ideas, projects and plans that I wasted because of your perfectionism? 

They may have been imperfect but they would've been just fine to me, because the fact that you made them is the most important thing for me. 

Do you that sometimes I go through all the ideas you didn't complete, or didn't even begin, and I get so mad because those could've made me so proud of you, of me, of both of us. 

I'm trying not to repeat your mistakes, I'm trying to stop striving for flawlessness, I'm trying to progress towards bettering myself instead of becoming perfect, I'm trying to set achievable standards instead of aiming towards the impossible.

And I know that you justify well your behavior, saying that you're merely trying to wait until you're ready, until you're better. But were you ever? 

Ideas don't wait for people to be better, ideas need someone able do the work no matter how flawed it is, ideas go away if you don't grasp them, ideas need a strong mind that doesn't fear failure. 

Of course no one is totally immune of fearing failure, it's completely natural. But the ones who let failure be the setback to their plans and dreams are the ones who stay behind, always trying to catch the big wave far away that they miss the ones right in front of them. Those small waves would've made you stronger, those small waves lead to progress. 

Wish you could've realized that at the time. 

Your present self.