VI. Summer Romance

Done for a contest, 

- I posted it here in advance but will do so in an FB group tomorrow!

~

Rays of the sun hit the white sand along the seaside, a soft breeze flew around in the comfortable atmosphere. It was a bright morning as the waves of the ocean swayed along with the flow of the wind slowly, the coconut tree's leaves were providing shades at the sides of the huts and umbrellas were opened to protect people from the heat.

Currently, it was the time for summer vacation yet again. The time of the year where everyone could calm down, sit and relax, travel to their heart's desire. The trio had planned to go to the beach for relaxation, to feel the water of the natural ocean once more and enjoy their time together.

"Amane-kun!" The maiden with cream locks called out to one of her friends, Amane Yugi to enter the water with them. She wore a nice teal colored bikini and tied her hair in a ponytail; she looked absolutely alluring, her body was in a good shape, her complexion was light that it made her look like she was shining under the heat of the sun, happiness was present in her orbs as her soft lips crawled up into a smile. Yet again, she captured the interest and heart of her beloved friend whom she wasn't aware of the feelings of, he blushed rapidly and eyes looked away at her petite figure.

He sighed before he took a step forward to approach them, gaze locked unto hers yet again.
"How many times are you going to stare at me?" The female asked teasingly as she went out of the water and pulled him in herself, "Get here already." She continued as she smiled at him sweetly. Oh, how he would've took the chance to get a taste of those luscious lips of hers, only if the other blonde boy weren't around; else he might go jealous, angry or even try to kill the other due that it would look like so-called harassment in his eyes.

"I was't staring at you at all." An annoyed tone was what he muttered as the female clinged unto him, her chest getting in contact with his arm that it made him blush beet red; he couldn't even maintain eye contact with her at this point. "Why though? Do you want me to stare at you that much?"

"E-ehh!! That's not what I meant!" Shocked of the question, the maiden let go of his arm and instead threw him into the water; poor Amane. "It's just.. I was curious of how you thought I looked... that.. was all.." She felt defeated as she uttered those words so all she could do was sigh before sitting down on the soft sand, her left hand leaning on her cheek.

"Oh.." Hearing those words from her, she desiring for the male's opinion of her appearance made his heart skip a beat. She was always a perfection for him, a beautiful maiden with glossy locks, capturing voice and gorgeous eyes- even her personality was beautiful no matter how moody or outrageous she may get. If he were to be asked about this any time or any where, his answer would always be the same; "You're perfect, no matter what you wear or how you look like."

Those words slipped out of his mouth although he was honest about it, it was what he felt, the way he looked at her was like a treasure. She was very precious inside his heart that no else mattered to him the way she did, nothing looked as important as the girl.

He gave her a sweet grin as he said those words, she was embarrassed but happy of what he had stated.

"Ahem!" Coughing loudly and breaking the comfortable silence was Kou, a third wheel he was right now. "Could you please stop flirting right in front of me?" He pouted as an annoyed look was present upon his facade, his eyes glimmering with anger.

"Oh, my. Boy was still there, I didn't notice you!" The brunette stated as he laughed mockingly as he stuck his tongue out at the other male. "Hmph." The blonde huffed in response to his teasing tone only to be hit by some salty water on his face.

"Don't be that much in a bad mood." A honest smile was still upon the other boy's face as he tried to lighten the atmosphere they had at the moment.

-

The whole morning went on greatly, the trio had lots of fun, cooking barbecue, splashing water on each other, collecting shells and corals, they even got to see some fishes and starfishes pass by under the water. An experience worth remembering, just the three of them spending and enjoying their time together on a quiet island; surrounded by beloved mother nature with unpolluted and comfortable air.

Similar to a paradise where relaxation reigns.

-

Night had already fallen upon the land, skies became dark as stars shone the brightest they had. Evening parties were held and other events were planned for the night. Meanwhile, two other people stood alone at a side of the beach's water, silently staring at the night sky as fireworks were released upon the sky by the staff. He held on to the girl's hand tightly, urging himself to confess his own feelings.

"Yashiro- no, Nene... I've always had something I wanted to tell you since long ago." Staring at her beautiful face, gaze directing to her eyes. "Do you remember when we first met?"

"You were so clumsy yet you also looked so adorable, I... already liked- loved you since the very start." Continuing, a tint hue of pink could be seen upon his cheeks, he was burning of embarrassment to what he had said yet he just wanted to let it out or he may never get another chance to.

Silence consumed the area for a while before the maiden decided to speak for herself, her answer shocking her classmate greatly, it was unexpected. He didn't believe that she would do so-- to feel the same way and accept his confession.

"I love you too, Amane-kun." Under the luminescence of the bright moon, she shone like the very stars from the heavens above. Her appearance seemed more thrilling than it ever had been before- it was as if she had became a goddess, a goddess which captured his whole heart and soul.

He couldn't hold it in anymore, he wanted to feel the touch of her lips against his and as he did so, she kissed him back. It was mutual, they had love as pure as white, one that had no lies, one that was real. But... then...

"Yugi-senpai?" Kou called out as the male flinched, this'll become an utterly awkward scene for him to see. "Yashiro, let's--"

"𝗬𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗼?" His eyes looked around the place, there was no sign of the girl anywhere which left him in confusion. She was there- just a while ago then she suddenly disappeared, instantly she had left without leaving a trace behind to where she has been.

"Where could have she..." "Who are you looking for, senpai?" Question interrupted by the male, he looked at him sternly, "Have you seen Yashiro?"

"𝙃𝙢? 𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙞𝙨.. 𝙔𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙤?"

"Oh, senpai must be talking about his imaginary friend he keeps flirting on!" Kou exclaimed in realization, a bit too loudly that he had to slap his mouth afterward.

"𝗜𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗿𝘆?..."

"𝙎𝙝𝙚.. 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡? 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙬? 𝙄--"

"Kou.. are you lying to me? This has to be some kind of joke, right?" Complication was written all over his face, he couldn't take it all in at once, it was confusing. It seemed like it wasn't possible, since she was so real, he could feel her and he could hear her. Yet he was told that she was imaginary, of course he couldn't believe it. Because for him, she was so real, she wasn't surreal.

"𝗡𝗼.. 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗽𝗮𝗶," He breath deeply before continuing his statement, "𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗬𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗼 𝗶𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹."

"Then she.."

"𝙒𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩... 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚?"

Maybe when she kissed him back.. it was her way of saying goodbye. For sure though, they could never meet again. She was gone with a farewell, she ceased to exist along with their summer romance during that night.