Chapter 4: Bunker 9 (Brianna's Point of View)

After dinner, after I was "claimed," Leo took me to this place back in the woods that he called "Bunker 9."

        "Are you sure about this?" I asked, not sure if I quite wanted to be alone in the woods with a boy I barely met four hours ago.

        "Come on," he replied. "You're gonna love it, I promise!" He attempted to take my hand, but I pulled back, covering it up by slapping my arm and complaining about mosquitoes. Finally, we arrived at this big mountain kind of hunk of rock. When we got closer, I could see a door carved into it.

        "Um, Leo, is that a door or--"

        "You're not crazy. That's the entrance to Bunker 9!" He got hold of my wrist and pulled me towards it, obviously excited to show someone what was inside. Leo ripped open the door, and I stepped inside. It was dark, and I was tempted to summon fire, but I didn't feel like I could trust Leo with a secret that big just yet. Suddenly, a voice came from behind me that scared out of my wits.

        "Boo," it said, flames iluminating Leo's grinning, elfish face.

        "Leo!" I shouted, embarrassed. But then, sudden realization struck me. Fire had surrounded Leo's face, which meant he was fireproof, like me. Which meant he could most likely summon fire, too. I didn't have time to ponder it, since flourecent lights flickered on, and I was met with row upon row upon row of mechanical gadgets. Gasping, I whirled around to Leo, who was gesturing to it like a game-show host showing off the prize.

        "Well?" he said. "Go explore!" And explore I did. I found all kinds of celestial bronze mechanical weapons, tools I didn't even know the name of, lots of explosive toys and a few switches on the walls that I didn't dare try. After about an hour, Leo checked his watch.

        "It's time to go," he said. "Lights out time is in like, five minutes." He took my hand, and lead me back through the forest to our cabin.