Prologue: good bye

Thank you for giving this book a chance! I promise I'll do my best to make it enjoyable, so please vote or whatever and don't miss out on any chapters! ILY! 😘

"I'll miss you!" One of my best friends cry, as she pulls me into a tight hug.

"Promise me that we'll text every day, ok?" I sniffle at my four closest friends.

"Of course!"

"We promise Rach!"

"Cross my heart and hope to die!"

I'm leaving for Spain today and I'm not going to be able to see them for two years. I hated my parents for the pain they had caused me in these last few weeks. My friends burst in tears one more time as my parents drag me into luggage check. I watch sadly as my friends become smaller and smaller as I move further away from them, until suddenly I enter another room, cutting away all visual contact from them.

Moving away during the end of freshman year is terrible, you've already made all the connections and had finally somehow managed to fit in.

I look at my phone and see 15 new messages, all from my best friend, Claire, Emma, Coral and Hanna. I also notice that I've been removed from multiple class groups. I sigh and put my phone away, unable to reply at the texts. I arrive at the gate and  take a seat next to a gift shop and I look out the windows, where huge planes are lined up neatly next to each other. I slowly drift away until the speakers wake me up announcing the final boarding call.

I take my carry on and give the flight attendant my ticket. I bravely suck in my breath and step on the plane.

Here I go.