Learning The Village Folktale

The raven-haired woman ignores the gash that is on her person as she darts towards the almost inaudible screams of her lover, Idony.  Those bastards she thought. 

She is a mere couple of miles away when her chest gets prickles. The prickles becoming stings and then the stings turning into gashes deeper than the ones she has now. 

"No. Idony cannot be. I refuse to believe that I am too late," she whispers to herself.

Finally, she reaches the place where her love is being held captive and her eyes darken in utter fury. The smell of metallic human blood drowns the entire room.  Idony's scarlet blood is everywhere and her flesh is torn. Her face is barely recognizable. 

"Your majesty. I- We thought you were away?", one of the aristocratic human merchants from near her kingdom stutters. 

"You thought wrong, Eustace." She humorlessly chuckles, "I thought you humans would never surprise me but I guess I was wrong. Killing your own kind. Killing one of mine. How... stupid"

"A human should never become a vampire, Princess Elisabeta." he spits, "It would be a sin towards go-"

He doesn't get to finish the story - maybe because the Princess tore his head from his body, getting his blood spattered towards his lesser bold accomplices.

"Who is next?" she turns towards the pale stricken men. 

The princess was not there. She was becoming the monster that Idony was slowly helping her not be. Elisabeta's violet eyes were becoming a darker hue, almost a murky black, and her dead razor-sharp teeth had blood from Eustace. 

I was done combing my grandmother's long, silky gray hair long before she had finished retelling me the story of the "Undead Princess" and I was now gazing at her with my eyes as wide as saucers. I am always speechless whenever she finishes telling me the story. 

"Why do you like hearing about this legend so much, Aletheia?" my grandmother asks with a hint of curiosity in her eyes. 

"I don't know Mema. I'm just so intrigued by the princess. Like she almost got her happy ending only to have it taken from her, by humans! How did she look again?"

"Well," she draws out, "Supposedly she was the most beautiful maiden with long raven hair. She had violet eyes and her voice was a silky dark voice." my grandmother continues.

"Wow. She sounds dreamy." I respond awestruck. 

"Yeah  she surely did. According to her legend she did have the ability to seduce men and women easily. Anyways, let's go get supper now. My tongue feels tired from all this yapping." my grandmother orders.

"Okay Mema." I smile.