Chapter 25 Bring Me the Dawn

Chapter 25

Bring Me the Dawn

"I'm halfway gone...Sleepless, I'm battle worn..."

~James Bay~

The descent into the ocean was like an overwhelming feeling that washed over him. Its cold waters made his body calm as Theo basked in the serenity of the peaceful sea. For a second, he believed it to be comparable to the softness of snow, and his skin reveled in the numbing coolness of the ocean waters.

'I know I need to get back, but, can't I stay a little longer?'

Darkness mingled in with the tints of blue and fading lights of the skies, surrounded his floating form as he tried to empty his mind.

But as vast as the sea was, its power did little to make the memories he had disappear. No matter how much he tried, Theo felt his heart thump in pain whenever he thought about resurfacing.

For some reason, going back to Poseidon meant facing his reality—a life that never smiled on him.

'I'm alone again,' he thought as he opened his eyes and took a deep breath. In an instant, he was shocked to realize that the blood he shared with Poseidon allowed him to breathe under water. Because of this, Theo cleared his head and tried something his body was aching to do.

With a burst of energy, he swam from the spot he was in and sped deeper into the depth of the ocean, feeling his body nimble and the waters like air. A lot of years passed him by since the last time he truly felt bliss, and as Theo's eyes clashed with bright red corals, schools of colorful fish and underwater plants that could only exist within the sea, he let himself go.

"Theo..." But no matter how much he wished to escape, Poseidon's voice brought him back.

He heard the sea god calling out to him, and the faster he swam, the deeper he went, Poseidon's voice became more intense.

It got to the point where Theo was no longer eased by the sea, for all he could do was desperately swim and hold his head in angst—as if running from something.

'No...,' his mind repeated until he could no longer keep moving.

Coming to a rushing halt, Theo let loose a boom that resonated throughout the sea, shaking all its creatures and inhabitants.

"No!"

Everything that was bustling and lively, quickly turned silent and dark. The animals that swam about disappeared into the safety of the corals and rocks out of fright.

Once again, the sea was empty and cold.

"She's gone...isn't she?" he said to himself but expecting an answer from Poseidon.

When there was none, he scoffed and slowly swam back up to the ocean's surface. It was then that he saw a bright shower of rain, sprinkling its light on one suspicious spot over the sea's surface.

There was no hesitation on Theo's part, for he knew that it was time to face the difficult conversation he was avoiding.

Reaching out, he saw his body disappear into the nothingness when he touched the shower, and after realizing that it was not wetting him, Theo took one deep breath and put himself under its rain.

In a second, his body was taken from the sea only to reappear before Poseidon.

The sea god was fatigued, his face was contorted, and his usual tannish skin was turning to the color of ash.