Chapter One

"That's a nice plan you've got there," Aisling said.

She was leaning over a chair that N was sitting at. Pencils and pens were scattered about, as a young pidove had been swooping and grabbing the materials as they were put down.

The green-haired man sighed and leaned back in his seat.

"It should be better though. Any ideas?" he said.

"Well... hum. Maybe not threaten everyone until they release their Pokemon? Less uprisings down the line that way."
"That's true. But I want them to feel the pain they put our friends through."
"Right, you can do that to any stragglers! Like, 'oh, you're not releasing our friends? Dieeeeee!'"

N laughed, "We'd just yell 'Burn, baby, burn!' and crush them with our blazing friendships! Only the evil ones of course!"

"Right," Aisling said, "The ones that abuse their pokemon."

N got up from the chair causing Aisling to fall before regaining her footing. He gathered his papers and patted the pidove on the head. It cooed in appreciation. N then gestured for Aisling to follow.

"Can you help me with this, Pi?" Aisling said whilst quickly gathering the writing utensils.

Pidove swooped down and held the pens in her beak. Aisling picked up the pencil case and held it open for Pidove to drop them in.

"Thanks Pi!" She smiled, then the pair followed N out the door.

~ + :. ------------------- .: + ~

"So, N. Since you can talk to pokemon, what's Pidove's name?"

He turned to the bird pokemon, "What's your name, little one?"

The Pidove chirped happily.

"I see. She says her name is Peckscilla."

"Your name's Peckscilla, huh? That's a pretty name!"

Peckscilla squeaked.

They walked in silence the rest of the way. Not that Aisling knew where they were going. Remember kids, don't follow random people you just met!

They stopped in front of the door. N fiddled around with the cube on his belt, turning so Aisling couldn't see what he was doing. She narrowed her eyes at this. He soon opened the door in front of them. N then threw open the door all dramatic like.

The songs of pokemon greeted their ears like a sweet melody. This was where the pair spent most of their days. It was called the Sanctuary and was in the courtyard in the middle of the castle. There was glass for the ceiling, keeping the pokemon safe while letting them sit in the sun. The pair sat down, and a few of the more friendly pokemon swarmed them.

"So...," Aisling said, "Tomorrow's the big day, huh?"
"Yeah, the outside world! Can you believe it?" N replied.

"What're you gonna use to get around faster? That skateboard?"

"I would but I have a reputation."

"You? A reputation? You've almost never been anywhere but a Plasma Base."
"My soon-to-be reputation as king."
"Wish I could be there."

"I wish you could too."

"Well, there is a way it'd feel like I were there! Unova loves their souvenirs! Plus, you have that X-Transceiver, right?"

N looked thoughtful for a second, "That... sounds good!"

Aisling laughed, "Well it's settled then! It'd be just like I'm with you."

"Right. You'll make sure Zoroark and the others are alright? I don't want them to get hurt. They don't really like fighting much."

"Of course! They're my friends too ya know."

He smiled, "Right. I know how much you love our friends."

Peckscilla landed on Aisling's head. She chirped a bit before flying off to play with the other bird pokemon. One of the Braviary was swooping around it and Peckscilla was trying to copy it. She often fell a bit before regaining air while Braviary cawed encouragement. A lone Purrloin was watching them hungrily, following their movements. It kept trying to leap and take down any bird type pokemon that went close to it. The Purrloin pouted at it's lack of catches, and headed over to N. He patted its head and it purred. Aisling smiled, and moved over to pet it too.

~ + :. ------------------- .: + ~

Aisling pulled on her jacket. She probably shouldn't have worn a short sleeved dress in this weather. Peckscilla snuggled closer to her in her pocket.

"Don't forget to call, okay? And stay safe. And-"

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," he hugged Aisling.

"I worry about all my friends, y'know."

"I know."

"Stay safe!" Aisling said.

N smiled and turned away, down the steps of the castle and into the unknown. 

(Word Count: 751)
(Sorry for the short chapter, had a lot of work to do this week! Next week's should be longer. Thanks for reading!)