Chapter Ten

Can encircled Sanem with his arms, stroking her hair. " Just calm down, there's nothing she can do to us unless we let her. " He said softly. " Come on, let's see what she wants." He opened the door and walked in his office, facing Polen and her brother. She quickly came over to Can, with an embrace, and a hello. She introduced her brother saying, " Yes, Can this is my brother Yigit, you remember I told you about him. He had lived in Canada for a number of years, and now is looking to relocate to Istanbul to be near our mother. "  Can nodded an acknowledgment, he turned to Sanem and introduced her to Yigit. They exchanged a welcome. Polen glanced at Sanem asking, " Sanem my dear, how have you been. " I didn't think you where still involved with the agency." Didn't you start a new life in Chania, or some place like that." She quirked. Sanem smiled stating, " I did move there for a bit, but it was never to start a new life, it was just to renew the one I had." But thank you for being so interested in my life." Can smiled, thinking, he knew she could handle herself against Polen, It made him proud. 

Polen explained their mother had been ill and they were there to inquire about a living facility for her. Yigit was interested in opening a publishing office here in Istanbul to be close. He was already aware of Sanem Aydin and the bestselling debut book she had. It was quite an honor to meet her and he was hoping to establish a relationship with her to help along his new publishing office. He was quite mesmerized by her, she had a unique beauty, you could tell she was someone special. His mind was already fuzzy with the anticipation of getting to know her.

Can asked, " Polen, may I ask why you are here," It's been a while since we have spoken, and not sure of the need to do so now." Do you have a specific topic in mind?" His eyes questioned her, searching hers with doubt. Polen was, of course, happy to tell him why she was there. She had recommended his agency to a friend of theirs, of which she had recently learned, had accepted the Divit agency for their campaign. She was there to receive her thanks, and if she had her way about it, to renew their relationship. She hadn't expected Sanem to be there, so for the time being she would just concentrate on getting Can to trust her again, then she would get back what she wanted. Sanem had stolen him away from her, and she had no intentions of letting her get away with it.

The call to Sanem from Ahmet couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time. She knew she had to take the call, so she excused herself to answer. He had the dates for the forum and also the book signing. He informed her he would email all the info to her and soon as the print date was set he would let her know. She was in a panic, why did she show up now, how would she be able to leave town for a couple of weeks and leave her here with him, slinking around him like a snake. Maybe she had made a mistake in accepting all of this right now. Was it to soon to be separated? She trusted him, but Polen was a vindictive woman, it was plain to see. She felt her insecurities could make her try anything. 

She returned to his office, while Polen was vividly telling him a story about one of the mutual friends in London. She was laughing and reached across the desk to pat his arm, with a side glance to Sanem, she lingered there just a bit to long. Can quickly stood, moving away from her touch. He pulled a chair to his side of the desk, next to him, for Sanem. With a determined look in her eyes, but a demure smile on her face, she sat down next to him. Yigit was witnessing quite the standoff, he thought, " I think my sister has her work cut out for her if she intends to rekindle a romance with this Can Divit. But the thought of perhaps being able to pick up the pieces of an interrupted relationship between Can and Sanem, definitely had peaked his interest. This move here to Istanbul might just prove to be the best thing he had done. 

Can was guarded, not letting Polen get to close. She had belittled Sanem before and he hadn't taken notice at the time, so now he needed to be even more observant. Can asked Yigit about his possible new publishing venture, just to break the conversation with Polen, that seemed to be getting a little too personal. He provided him the information, but let him know that it wasn't a new venture. He had been involved with the publishing world for quite some time. He was always looking for new talent, and maybe even an established writer that was looking for a change. He told Sanem what a fan he was of her writing, he felt she had one of the best writing styles he had ever seen. He very sincerely stated, " Sanem, I would love to work with you at some point." Your talent is so natural and honest." If you have any reservations about the publishers your working with now, please, I would be more than happy to take you on as a client." 

She thanked him but assured him she was completely at ease with the group she was working with.  Can could see the look in his eyes, and it set off the defense mode in him. He quickly stepped in telling him that all her needs were being met and he no need to expect anything less. Polen was taking it all in, with the wheels turning in her head, this might just come in handy later. She could see the glint in her brothers eyes when he looked at Sanem. How perfect, she thought, if there was anything she had learned over the years, that was to always trust your first instincts. To get Can back, she would first need to distract Sanem, maybe with a new person that could shower her with a wealth of attention, and offer her all her dreams of being beyond a famous writer. 

And who else, but a loving brother that would do anything for his sister......

That naive girl from the district wouldn't know what hit her.....until it was to late

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying this story. The evilness of Polen will never go away. What a perfect character to write about. And paired with Yigit, well, just wait and see what happens. I have been out of town a couple of days so I will post this second chapter today and then go back to at least one a day. Hope all my readers are enjoying this long weekend, that is if there is a holiday where you live. Stay safe and keep reading ❤️❤️