Chapter 5

Later That Day...

Isabella's p.o.v.

“Here's what's not beautiful about it: from here, you can't see the rust or the cracked paint or whatever, but you can tell what the place really is. You can see how fake it all is. It's not even hard enough to be made out of plastic. It's a paper town. I mean, look at it, Q: look at all those culs-de-sac, those streets that turn in on themselves, all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.” I read as I flipped another page of Paper Towns.God,this book is so good.

Anyways,I'm sitting in Kirby's lap on the love seat when I feel a feather like feeling on my neck.I ignore it and keep reading to end up feeling it again.Strange.I turn around to see if Kirby is the one behind it but he's knocked out or pretending at the least.I smile and return to my book when I feel my hair being pushed to the side and that tickling sensation returning.That idiot.I turn and look at Kirby who is too focused on the wall to even notice.I move my hair back to where it was in the beginning and turn yet another page when the feeling got closer to my ear.I shiver and scrunch up my neck,trying to escape the sensation but there was no use.I turn around one more time and say, "Kirby John Buckets,stop right now or I swear to God-" He cut me off, "Stop what?" I huff and ruffle my hair, "You know damn good and well what you were doing." "Oh,you mean this?" He smirked and I was suddenly,out of the blue,pinned down to the seat,Kirby's hands attacking my ribs.

My laughter echoed off the wall as Kirby continued to tickle me,bending down to pepper kisses all over my face and neck.I giggle as his lips attack my neck,a very ticklish place I might add.His hands continued to torture my sides and his lips moved up and down my neck,the tickling sensation building up.I backed up a bit against the wall to get away from his hands and lips when I backed up too much,hitting my head HARD (A/N I mean HARD) on the wall behind me.The tears started falling,the pain overtaking my body.      

Once Kirby noticed my tears,he stopped immediately,concern filling his baby blue eyes.He sat me up as I wiped my eyes,leaning into his body.My book was on the floor,my page number lost.He stroked my hair, "Babe,what happened?Are you okay?Did I hurt you?How much pain are you in on a scale from 1 to 10?Do you need to go to the hospital?" I giggled at his protectiveness,his smile appearing, "Are you okay?' I nodded, "I hit my head on the wall.I'm fine." I place my hand where I hit to find out that I might have hit it too hard because there was a bit of blood on my fingers.Kirby saw and his smile turned into a frown as he pressed his fingers to my head.He took them back to see blood again.He sighed,kissed my head and went get something.

I picked up my book and placed my bookmark inside,not caring if it was on the right page or not.Kirby returned with an icepack and a pillow.He walked over and sat down on the love seat,placing the pillow on his lap.I crawled over,icepack on my head and my head on the pillow on his lap.He ran his fingers through my hair and held the icepack to my skull,the feeling of comfort setting in.I looked up at him,weary eyed and just completely tired.Love filled his eyes as he removed the icepack,kissing my head right where it hurts.I smiled up at him before drifting off into my dreamland.