Chapter I : Really, Percy? : Annabeth's POV

I stretched my legs over the New Rome cafe table, watching the moon float over the partying demigods. "Gods, Percy - learn to have fun." I laughed at my boyfriend's reluctant glare.

"As soon as you dance with me, I will." he pecked my cheek, grabbing my arm to lead us to the dancing crowd.

Grinning maniacally, I pushed past the demigods. I heard Percy snicker as a slow dance began. My hair brushed his neck as I laid my head on his shoulder. His Camp Jupiter tattoo pressed against my waist as he wrapped my arms around me.

"Do you remember the Westover Hall dance?" craning my neck, I caught his eye and continued, "We were awkwardly standing around, yet some seaweed brain wouldn't ask me to dance-"

Percy silenced me with a kiss, sweeping a lock of my hair off of my forehead. I remembered perfectly - we were tracking Nico and.. Bianca. We were interrupted by a nervous cough, and we separated to see Jason standing by with his thinly framed glasses hanging precariously off of his nose bridge. "Am I interrupting something?" he grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

I tripped backwards, watching as Percy's face glowed red. Piper (her bare arm locked with Jason's) playfully punched my arm, giving me a look while laughing and dragging Percy off to something in the crowd. Percy turned his head back as he dashed to keep up with Jason, looking to me in worry. "Seaweed Brain" I mouthed to him, the corner of my lips turning up in a reassuring smile.

"Wise girl" his lips carved out the words, and he disappeared in the crowd.

"I wonder.." my voice trailed off over the Lake, among voices that echoed through the forum.

"You wonder what?" I briskly spun a 360, to face the individual that spoke to me. Over the lighting of the area, I could see the the outline of a figure in a toga.

"Reyna?" I took a guess. The girl confirmed it with a nod.

Carrying a fold-up chair over to where I stood, Reyna took a seat. "So, what do you wonder?"

"Nothing," my voice came out quickly, sounding too defensive. I softened out my tone, "Would you like anything to eat? I was just heading over to the forum."

"I'm okay. But are you?" It was almost as if she could read my mind, and see the troubled thoughts coursing through my head. Everything has changed ever since the Fall.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I'm just a little bit tired."

"Hm.. Okay, you should get back to the party. The feast of fortuna is not something to miss." tucking her raven-black hair behind her ear, she smiled, "A few years back, there was this group of nuisances that managed to smuggle in some alcohol... Jason took care of that." I saw a wistful look in her eyes as her voice echoed in the cooling air, and I waded towards the party. I didn't lie about being hungry - I just lied about everything else.