Chapter One - Finding out

Scared I'll slip away

"Yeah Sarah I'll talk to you later, yeah, my dad just got home, I know ok, talk to you later! Bye!!" I shouted as I ended my conversation with my best friend Sarah. Man, she could talk for hours. I normally wasn't allowed on my phone while my parents were around so out conversations didn't last long.

I ran downstairs to say hi to my mum and dad and do my daily chores- the dishes, homework, empty my book bag, the regular. But something was weird today, my parents were whispering and I could tell there was something they weren't telling me.

When I was finished my homework my mum called me and my older brother jack down to the living room.

"I knew it," I mouthed to him on our descent down the stairs and he subtly nodded. When we reached the living room my mum looked concerned, almost sad for us, I could have sworn we were about to be told our grandma had died. Which was hard to think about.

"So kids, you are probably wondering why you are here," my dad started.

"Yeah kinda," jack responded.

"Well today at work your father was given a promotion," my mum said.

"Oh! That's great dad, but why do you guys look so sad, aren't promotions a good thing?"

"Yes Erin they are but the problem we face is that with my promotion we will have to be relocated to Australia," my dad stated.

"Oh," I said, "wait, so if you take the job we are moving to, Australia?"

I think my eyes turned to bug eyes, we can't move to Australia. We can't, I'm starting to panic, if we move I'll be at a new school in a new town, wait in a new godamned country. This isn't a good thing. I turn to look at jack who looks just as concerned as I do.

"Sadly yes, and I will be taking the job," my dad stated with authority, "no ifs, ands or buts,"

Jack and I were speechless, we couldn't move. We couldn't even close our mile wide open mouths, there goes my manners.

"I'm sorry guys I know this is a sudden change, moving from Vancouver to Australia is quite a change, but we don't have a choice, we need the money," my mum adds. I understood that, we were running low in funds and me and my brother were working More then one part time jobs to bay the bills.

Sadly I could not process the information being given to me. Australia? Why Australia? I have a good life here, I'm popular, I'm smart and I'm quite the babe magnet (well that's what Sarah calls me). My parents quickly inform me that we will be leaving as soon as possible and it overtakes me- sure I might be overexagerating but I can't move, I can't talk. I can't even cry.

I don't know how long I just say there staring at a blank wall until I was moved into my bedroom, probably by jack. He was a good brother. The plane is set to leave in a week, on the 15th to be exact. And this week is a break off school. And I'll have straight up moved to another continent by the end of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! First chapter! Comment like share!! And tell me what needs to be added. Love all my readers!!