Chapter III

• Dedicated to EVERYONE WHO VOTED

Jordan’s pov

I felt another bump as I hit my head on the top of the trunk again. About five minutes out, after I had stopped crying and had recovered from shock, I had started trying to overpower the two thugs who had taken me against my will. I had hopelessly fought for control of the steering wheel and ended up with my face pinned to the back window. Then they pulled over and threw me in the trunk.

I lost track of time because of all the bumps my head sustained, I kept drifting in and out of consciousness.

I felt the car slow and then come to a full stop. I started to wonder what was going on when the engine was cut. I knew we were here, or at least where ever ‘here’ is.

Someone unlocked the trunk and popped it open. The bright light flooded into the cramped and tiny compartment, momentarily blinding me. I was roughly yanked out by my right forearm and I straightened my legs to stretch them only to have them slammed against the ground. I wobbled but only for a second.

I turned to get my bearings but the only thing I saw was a log cabin surrounded by a dense forest of pine trees before a potato sack was thrown over my head.

“Bring her over here.” A rough voice commanded

“You heard him, walk!” the other brute screamed at me right after.

 I started to follow my captors’ commands and walked forward, only for me to lose my footing on the uneven landscape and fall, smashing my head against a rock in the process. The last thing I felt was a gooey warm liquid start to gush down my temple be for I lost consciousness totally and drifted back into the tranquil abyss of nothing but darkness.