Chapter IV

Lucas pov

Sunday went by in a blur of cops flashing lights questions and sympathetic looks. I ended up crying myself to sleep again. All I could think about was Jordan. Why had I just let them take her?

*9 hours later*

I woke up to the ever so lovely beeping of my alarm clock. I tried to rub the sleep from my puffy swollen eyes, but the minute I touched them it stung. I sat up in bed and sighed. I didn’t know who set my alarm clock because I had fallen asleep unintentionally. Just then I heard a knock on my door and in walked mr-im-to-busy-to-take-jordan-to-the-mall-so-you-can-walk-there-with-luke himself.

“Luke get up you’re going to school today.”

I glared at him trying to decide whether or not to argue when he just blurted out

“Your room looks like a bomb went off in here.”

I silently surveyed my room. Apart from a few stray clothes and my cluttered desk my room wasn’t that dirty.

“You need to clean it up after school.”

That’s when I lost it. I had stayed silent up until that point, but I could stay silent no longer.

“I would David, but I already have plans.”

“Well then you can cancel those plans, because you are coming home and cleaning up this room.”

At this point I through my feet over the side of my bed and stood up so fast I had and instant head ache but all my eyes held in them was pure hatred.

“Well you see, I don’t think the police would be too happy about that.”

And with that I stormed out of my room down the hall and into the bathroom. I made sure to slam the door behind me but not be for I heard David call out

“Watch your mouth with me, boy.”

That insensitive jerk. He hadn’t even shed a tear when we told him Jordan was kidnaped. He had been with this family for two years and he hadn’t even shed one, single tear when we told him his daughter was kidnapped, or his step daughter any way. 

I turned on the shower and stripped down. I was emanating fury right now. I looked in the mirror and could almost picture the steam coming out of my ears. I sight and stepped into the shower and was immediately engulfed by steaming hot water. It burned at first but the pain quickly ebbed into numbness. Just for a little while I let all my worries roll off of me. I felt all my fears and sorrow just being swept away by the water running down my back. I grabbed my shampoo and started to choke up when I saw Jordan’s sitting in its usual place next to mine. Her strawberry scented shampoo I always hated. I set mine down and quickly replaced it with hers as I poured shampoo into my hand. I washed my hair and got out.

I glanced at the mirror that was now completely fogged over now. I quickly dried off and noticed the faint but every present sent of strawberries. I inwardly smiled at the sent now.

If... no when I saw Jordan again I knew I would never complain about her choice in shampoo again.