Chapter 1

"Bow, chicka, bow-wow, that's what my baby says!, mow-mow-mow, and my heart starts pumping! Chicka-chicka choo wap, never gonna stop, gitchee gitchee goo means that I love you!", I sing at the top of my lungs, lucky for everyone else I'm in my car alone, not that I wouldn't sing like this with others in my car with me, it's my car.

Driving alone at night is not my favourite thing to do but it took me a lot of arguments and puppy dog eyes to my father and brother to get them to let me drive to my new school alone, even at eighteen they treat me like I'm ten, i'm not going to complain now. But here I am nearing my new training school at 9pm at night, my own fault for not using my satnav and trying to be smart and going by the road signs, I ended up driving 3 hours in the wrong direction, hehe jokes on me to find myself at the beach with no time to actually enjoy it! Turning on my satnav to find I'm at the other end of where I was meant to be. So now I'm singing along to my music as I'm nearing the school.

As I take my first look at my new home for the next, hopefully 4 years, i'm in awe at the size of the place, kind of reminding me of how Hogwarts looked to Harry. Sat high on a hill and a cluster of buildings boasting towers with a large lake in the distance, with large rolling fields disappearing into forests to the right.

"Made it, I'm so bloody tired" I sighed aloud to myself as I drove through the front gates up to what I assume is the reception, parking my baby at the bottom of the steps. Walking up I wonder where everyone is tonight, is there a curfew or is something on, as it seems just too quiet for a Saturday night.

"Hello... anyone here?" I called out as I entered an empty reception area, which I must say is very warm and friendly feeling with mahogany accents and warm colours to find a single lamp illuminating at the desk with no one in sight.

Maybe they have settled in for the night I was wondering to myself when I heard the clicking of heels on the floor. Looking around I see a lady looking to be in her 30's coming up to the desk from outside. She is wearing a lovely black dress with roses printed around it, with her blonde hair up in a chignon.

"Young lady is that your car outside? You can not leave it there, if you are visiting the guest car park it is clearing signed" she said to me in an uptight voice quite sharply.

"Urm i'm sorry ms, my name is Megara Carpalli. I'm starting here on Monday, I know I'm late today but the roads were a lot busier than I expected them to be and I got lost along the way. Again I apologise" I quickly explained trying to not get offended by her sharpness. As she heard my name, her demeanor changed in an instant and looked terrified. Huh so she knew my name, at least she knew my last name. Comes with being the only daughter of Tobias Carpalli, the famed businessman who worked for the local government and mob bosses alike. What they didn't really know is what exactly his role was and the things he did, my brothers too. He also had shares in this place, big enough shares that he got me a placement here, even if I am quite unlike the usual students here.

"I.. I i'm sorry miss Carpalli, I didn't mean anything towards you, i'm sorry. Y-y-y-your room is ready in building C, i-i-if you go around to the right it is the tower to your right side in the quad, p-parking is labeled. If y-y-you need a-a-anything please call m-me" she stuttered with fright, passing me a key on a plain keyring and a map, seeing her hand slightly tremble.

Feeling sorry for her and understanding her reaction I took the key and map holding her hand in a comforting manner, "it's ok miss ...." I speak in a soft voice.

"It's Vanessa Grind m-m-miss" she stuttered.

"Well thank you miss Grind, and all is good ok. I will try to be more punctual from now on".

"No no it's okay miss Carpalli, I should be more polite to you, please c-call me Vanessa". She seems to be getting confident.

"Thank you Vanessa, please call me Megara, i'll see you around I guess" I say as I start walking back to my car. Hearing a sigh behind me I smile, thinking if this is how people are gonna react to my last name, I think I'm gonna try to keep that part out of any introductions in future!

** a slow start but please read on, it gets faster and more in depth**