Chapter 13

With a smile I wave over to them and turn towards Toby, who looks a bit unsettled.

"Hey did you plan this?" I ask with a smile.

"Nope I didn't, quite the coincidence they're here too" he replies but seems to be holding something back, but I can not fathom what he could be keeping back.

"Well should we go sit with them?" I ask as he seems to be off, he may have just wanted just us old friends night.

"I don't think we have a choice!" he says back as he looks over.

I looked at the table to see both Gaia and Micah waving and trying to wave us over, Leah was looking down at her drink and ignoring them. But it was Vincent that caught my eye as he was staring straight at me with such heat I could feel my face heating up.

"Go on then Nutmeg, I will get the drinks" Toby resigns to be joining the group, but I can not seem to figure out his true issue.

"We don't have to join them if you do not want to, I just thought they were your friends too?" I ask as I try to understand him. Looking into my eyes he seems to shake himself with a smile he hugs me.

"Nothing's wrong Nutmeg, you go see our friends" he walked away to the bar leaving me to walk over to the group.

"Hi bestie!" Gaia all but shouts at me as I get close and engulfs me into a hug, kissing me on the cheek. "My Beautiful bestie, my sexy Mama...."

Looking at her I try to nudge backwards but she is holding on tight, I look over to Micah who is laughing at us.

"Hey Meg, good job on the course today, ignore Gaia there she gets huggy and flirty when she's had a bit to drink!" Micah says as he comes to peel her off me "come on Gaia, leave Meg to sit down and catch up to us ok!"

"But she is my bestie, never let go of besties!" Gaia complains with a pout.

"Ah but I think her other besties need some bestie time with her right?" Micah explains to her as he sits her down by him leaving a chair next to her and one next to Vincent, with a pointed look he goes on "she's going to go say hi to Vincent now."

Getting the hint I walk around to the chair next to Vincent that puts me between him and Leah, who looks up at me and scoffs as she picks up her drink and walks off, everyone just looks at her and shakes their heads in confusion, none of us knowing her issues.

Thinking it best not to take her seat in case she comes back I stay seated next to Vincent. Looking at him he is in dark jeans with a simple black t-shirt on with short sleeves, looking I find that he and Toby are quite dressed similar and to be honest I'm finding that it suits them both.

"Enjoying your night kitten?" he asks out of nowhere.

"Huh, oh yes it's been fun!" I answer simply, but then thinking I'm gonna push it and go on to ask "so you ready to talk to me again?"

"Ah yea, sorry about that, been busy and out of it lately. I hope you can forgive this idiot for going dark on you?" he asks as he lays his hand on my hand on the table, which makes me feel all hot and nervous. Looking up into his brown eyes I feel my resolve of keeping him at arm's length crumble.

As I am about to answer him I feel a presence behind us as Toby leans between us, pushing Vincent's hand off my hand as he puts my drink down in front of me.

"Here you go Nutmeg, enjoy" as he goes to sit beside me, he gets stopped as Gaia shouts up to him and all but leaps on him and drags him to the seat next to her, laughing he allows her to do this, sitting down and placing his pint of what looks to be a beer in front of him "okay, okay I give in I'll sit with you, little sunshine."