Chapter 8

* Y/n's POV *

I wake up in the morning feeling very refreshed. Yesterday was a great day. I only wish that we could all enjoy it without being in the Maze. I put on one of my new shirts, some leggings and use some of my lotion and hurry downstairs. Minho is already down by the Maze doors so I hurry over to him.

"What do you think?" I ask, spinning in a circle in front of him.

"Well, you definitely look like a girl now," he laughs. He walks closer, "And you smell like one too!" We both laugh.

"Where's Newt?" I ask.

"I don't know. He is late though." We both stretch and then the doors are opening. Newt's just coming outside as we are heading in. I wave as we leave but he doesn't wave back. I hope he's ok. Probably just didn't see me.

As I run it feels so freeing. Over the past month I've gotten into a lot better shape and I can run all the way to lunch break and barely be out of breath. I'm pretty proud of myself if I'm being completely honest. Minho always points out though that I'll ever be as good as him, which is true. He's unbelievably fast and has a great memory for where he's going. I never get lost per se, but I do get confused on occasion. Normally that's just because I was in my head and forgot where I turned.

The day goes by quickly and before I know it Minho and I are back in the Map room drawing our paths. Newt didn't show up, but I asked Alby and he said he had already been there and left. I walk over to the kitchen afterwards.

"Hey Fry, have you seen Newt?" I ask. He almost always comes and gets a snack once were done running.

"No, can't say I have today." Ok that's strange. He almost always comes by to see if he can scrounge some food from Fry. I wanted to ask him if he's ok so I walked around the Glade trying to find him.

✧✧✧

* Newt's POV *

Y/n waved as she left today for the Maze. I just couldn't bring myself to wave back. I know what I want to do today, but I'm having problems getting up the guts too. I keep telling myself it's the only way as I run. It becomes almost like an anthem in my head. There is no way out. At least not in this life. I hurry back so I don't have to talk to Minho or Y/n.

I wander around in the forest for a while and finally decide that now is the time. I walk out the doors and back into the Maze, making sure nobody is looking and head straight. Left, Right, Right, Left. I come to the highest wall in the Maze that I know of. I climb up as far as I can using the vines. A beetle blade scuttles over right next to my head as if the people behind it's eyes don't want to miss one part of this. I look at it in its blood red eyes, which I know the creators are looking at me though, and yell.

"This is your fault! You can't just lock people up in here! I quit your games!" And with that I let go and push off away from the wall.

I hit the ground and my vision fills with red. I'm not dead? Why aren't I dead? I want to die! I pull my leg up to my body and start to cry. Of course I can't die. This will never end. I look at my other leg and it's at a weird angle. It must have broken when I hit the ground.

I can't do anything right.

✧✧✧

* Y/n's POV *

I saw Newt walking back out the Doors and into the Maze. He looked around as if he didn't want anybody to see him.

"What is he doing?" I mumble to myself. I decide to follow him even though we are not supposed to go back into the Maze once we leave. By the time I get there though he has already turned a corner.

"Think Y/n! Think!" My head is telling me. Left, Right, Right, and...? I don't know. Right or Left. I decide to go left because that way is a dead end and I can always just turn around and go the other way.

As I round the corner, I can see him. He's on the ground holding one of his legs and the other is bent at an unnatural angle. Oh Newt what did you do!?

"Newt! Newt!" I yell as I run up to him, "What did you do?" He looks at me and tries to say something, but then he passes out. I have to find some way to get him back to the Glade. I look at my watch. I have 45 minutes left. I decide that the easiest way to do it would be to just drag him. He groans as I grab him under his arms.

"Please be ok Newt. Please, it's gonna be fine. We'll be fine."

* Minho's POV *

I'm looking around for Y/n and Newt, but I can't find either of them. I checked the forest and their rooms. Where the heck did those two slintheads get off too? Probably making out in some deep dark corner. I roll my eyes in my head at the thought.

I finally give up on finding them and head back to the kitchen. Just then I see Y/n dragging somebody through the Maze doors. She sees me and calls out.

Minho! Help, It's Newt!" I run over. Y/n is practically in hysterics, crying about how he must have jumped. Jumped! Newt would never do that! She's just not thinking clearly. I pick him up and take him to the Medjack's hut.

"They're not here!" Y/n says, starting to freak out.

"Y/n, focus! Go find them at the kitchen. It's dinner time. Go!" She runs off and I focus on Newt. His leg is at a weird angle as if he did jump and landed on it. I can't believe he would do something like that.

A short while later Y/n runs back into the room with Clint in tow.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Really?! You expect me to write something!? Just let me cry in peace!

xoxo Glader babies!

~ Bekah