Chapter 7: Friendship or Love?

(image of the chapter from @/kiwiipiip on Instagram)

Midoriya closed the door to his room quietly and slowly slid down the door, sitting down and hugging his knees.

He felt confused and weirded out. He just didn't know what to do.
I mean, nothing is going to happen... But it's not like I can... Throw away my feelings like that, it's not something you get rid of just like that. Ugh, why are the stupidest things the ones that trouble me the most?! He thought, looking around in his room, plastered with All Might's face and figurines.

He looked intensely at them, as if maybe doing so would've helped solve the problem he had.
I mean... I could also ask All Might for advice... Although, I don't think he knows that much about love and such... He barely knows about his own quirk! He thought, chuckling softly.

He got up, stretching around. That funny thought gave him a little boost of energy. In fact, the talk with Uraraka had completely drained him of any energy he had whatsoever.

I'm just going to get a coffee or something. He thought getting out of his room and walking towards the kitchen.
<Damn it... We ran out of coffee.> he heard Ashido say.

He sighed and pouted.
This is not my lucky day is it? He said, looking around. Almost as an answer, right behind him there was Bakugo.

He jumped and blushed, backing up.
<Kacchan! Um... Y-you scared me.> he said, averting his gaze. If he even looked at him in the eyes for just one second, he was done for.
<Sorry. I need to talk to you.> he said, looking at him.

Oh no... Not now, not now.... Pleaaaaase get off my back? He thought, fidgeting around with his fingers and trying to find a good excuse to be left alone.
<I'm... I'm really tired. I want to rest.> he said, which was actually kind of true.
<Well... I suppose you wanted coffee? You were heading to the kitchen but when racoon eyes said there was no coffee left you turned around to walk away.> Bakugo said, observing carefully Midoriya's reaction.

Damn it! He's so observant! He got me... Well, what does he want then? The green haired boy thought, still not daring to look up.
<It's a nice afternoon... Let's go get some coffee in a bar nearby.> he then said.

A shiver went down his spine, while his body started to shake subtly.
No, no, no, no, NO! An outing with Kacchan isn't what I need right now! At least... I hope I can bring someone else with me or-
<Ugh, let's just go you dumbass.> Bakugo growled, gripping Midoriya's wrist and pulling him towards the exit.
<B-BUT, CAN I-> Midoriya tried to say, but he was cut off by Bakugo who barked back:
<NO.>

The door closed loudly behind them, while Uraraka and Iida looked at it, worried. Todoroki and Tsuyu were concerned too.
<Yikes... Out with Bakugo alone?> Uraraka said, frowning.
<I hope he'll survive...> Iida said, sighing.
<He's not stupid... He will survive. Maybe this can help him out, cra.> Tsuyu said, trying to comfort the duo.
<I agree... He's an airhead but... Sometimes we underestimate him too much.> Todoroki commented, making everyone else nod in agreement.

Meanwhile, Kaminari and Ashido looked at each other and immediately thought the same thing.
<Date!> they said at the same time. Kirishima, who was behind them, chuckled and said:
<I don't think so. Knowing him, there's probably something that worries him and he wants to discuss it with Midoriya alone.>

Mina and Denki pouted.
<Man, you always have to ruin the fun.> the blond said, crossing his arms and looking away in a fake outrage.
<Yeah... Bakudeku could happen!> the pink haired girl added, doing the same as her friend right beside her.
<Get it in your head, you idiots, that "Bakudeku" of yours won't happen.> Jirou said, while casually opening an energy drink and sitting down on the sofa.