Chapter 26 - Devils Are Insusceptible To Pain

Chapter Twenty Six
"Devils Are Insusceptible To Pain"
Daniel Rouge Gustilyo's Point of View

Naunang bumaba si Theo para salubungin ang girlfriend nito at hinayaan ko lang siya habang inuubos ang natitirang cake na nasa harap ko. Sinamsam ko ang piraso ng cake na nasa harap ko ngayon habang nagmamasid sa likod ni Theo na pababa ng hagdan.

Lumapit ulit si Theo sa akin at tinawag ako. "Dan, Steph wants to see you." Nag-aalinlangang sinabi nito sa akin, "She's angry."

"Let her come here." Napakamot naman ito ng kaniyang batok. "She wants to see me? Let her come here." I nonchalantly added habang sinisimot ang cake na nasa harap ko pa.

Theo went back downstairs para kausapin ang babae na nakita kong pumasok sa loob ng bahay. She's pretty and all, after all Theo has an exquisite taste when it comes to women. They had several arguments down the hall then biglang naglakad sa gitna ng bahay ang babae na nakapulang ballgown. And at first try, Theo stopped her but she just pushed him away.

I took a good look at her, she was wearing a cheaper version of my red ballgown, mine was better than hers, hers looks like it was just bought from an online shop. Although she's walking as calm as possible, I can feel how angry she was.

Theo was fast to approach her just so he could stop her but she just shoved him away. "Hi." She greeted me with a smile as she finally stood in front of me.

I took a good look at her slowly whilst devouring my strawberry shortcake. She exactly looks like me tonight. Her hair was slicked back — wet look, red gown and smoky make-up. Where did she even get that gown?

People were staring at her. She was an attention seeker and I'm just letting her have her taste of attention tonight.

Tiningnan ko ito ulit mula ulo hanggang paa. "I have a gift for you." Ani nito sa akin na nakangiti habang nakatayo sa harap ko.

All of a sudden there was this resounding slap that echoed all throughout the house. Nakaramdam ako ng isang malakas at lumalagablab na sampal sa mukha ko. She gave me a resounding slap in the face.

It literally echoed all throughout the hall. Everyone gasped and they started murmuring. We made a scene again. But this time it was Theo's girlfriend who did it all herself and I was just an object used for her attention.

"That's for kissing Theo!" She screamed as she slap me on the left side of my face again. Galit na galit 'tong Stephanie sa akin.

"That's for stealing him!"

Then she slapped me on the right side of my cheek. "'Yan para magpantay-pantay ang kakapalan ng mukha mo!" She yelled at me. She was beaming with anger and she was... sweating because of it.

Her slap was painful pero hindi ako napahawak sa mukha ko. It didn't even cause me to flinch. Inubos ko muna ang natitirang pagkain ko at tiningnan siya. She was surprised that I did not react to her recent outburst.

She looks like a desperate housewife and I was a home wrecker to her. But to me, she's more like a deranged woman.

"Thanks for the gift." I sarcastically thanked her as I give her a smile and swallow the last piece of cake that I've been fiddling with, along with the amount of pride I kept inside of me.