•It Hurts•

Peters POV
I walk up the steps knowing what's on the other side of the door. I open the door as quietly as possible but it does no good

"where were you you little waste of air!?!" the words ring through the entry hall.

I, of course, had been on patrol and hoped that Mrs. Jankins would be asleep when I returned. Mrs. Jankins was the owner of Smile Ages Orphanage although she was anything but smiles.

"with a friend." I say knowing what's coming. A punch is thrown my way and even though my spidey sense tells me to move I don't because that will only make the next one hurt worse. She punches me in the check, I stumble but rise again knowing this won't stop for a while. She punches me again. The force of the punch makes me fall with a broken nose. She starts kicking and throwing things at my limp body.

Finally she gets tired of beating me up and walks up the stairs to where she stays with her multiple fuck friends. A different one sleeps over each night.

I sit up with pain surging through my body with every small movement. I get up and stumble to the other bedrooms on the first floor to make sure everyone else is asleep. I open each door silently and check on the young teens and kids. Everybody's stomach calmingly rising and falling, bruise free. I smile and walk to my small room. Its basically a closet with the shelves removed but I call it home. I know that if Mrs. Jenkins where to ever touch any of the other kids I would never forgive myself. so I takes her rude comments, all the kids beatings, I take care of them. Like a big brother would I guess.

"Tomorrows Monday." I groaned. I would get to see Wade yeah but MJ and Ned seemed to have grown tired of all my... well me. They were angry at me and are ignoring me. Not even mentioning the thought of Flash to myself, I lower my body onto the cold floor and slept for 5 hours until my alarm went off. The alarm was set for 5:15 so I could wake up all the kids and start breakfast for them then get them to school all before Mrs. Jenkins and her 'love of the day' could wake up.

I get up quicker then I should have and end up doubled over in pain, I breath small quick breaths and slowly stand up. I go to the rooms done the hall and creak the doors open.

"k guys time to get up." I say not in a whisper but not a yell, I just tell them. I do the same in all the rooms. Once I reach the last door a little girl comes rushing at me and attacks my knees in a hug. I feel pain race through me once more but don't let it show

"Petwer I was so scared when you didn't come home. Mrs. Jenne tried to huwt me but I ran in here and locked the door."

"well Jinny it will be ok I swear she can't hurt you right now." I say running my fingers through her hair soothingly. She finally releases her grip on my legs and I offer up my hand. The other girls had woken at the sound of my voice. Jinny takes my hand and grips it tight as we walk down stairs.

I try to not eat to much because there are a lot of teens and kids that need the food to grow and I only have 3 years left here until I'm legally an adult. I make them eggs and talk to them about how schools going and stuff. I sort of see where Lyla (a 13 year old Non binary) is coming from when they tell me that I'm such a dad. Once their all done, I clean up the plates and put them in the sink for me to wash later and I walk them to their bus stops then run off to my school knowing I'm going to be late.
************

Wades POV
It's 6:54 and the bell is about to ring. I'm anxiously waiting for Peter but I know in my gut he's going to be late again. I sigh, disappointed, and jog to class before the door closes. We're 3 minutes into class when Peter comes running in looking tired and beat. Like actually beat. I'm almost sure it's from patrol last night, key word being almost.

"sorry *cough* I had family matters." the teacher doesn't even look up from her notes.

"ok class now that Mr Parker has decided to join us today" Peter flush's an even deeper shade of red "the winner of the internship at SI is .... Flash Thompson." he smugly walks up to accept the certificate. I glare at him.

Peter deserved that internship. He's the most deserving guy, he helps people just because it's the right thing to do. But that of course doesn't make you popular. Having a rich dad and being a bitch to the people don't deserve it does. I grumble under my breath just to have Peter grab my hand. He squeezes it so hard it hurts like hell fire. I look up at him and he's turning different colors right before my eyes. I put his arm around my shoulder and practically carry him to the bathroom. We sit for minutes on the bathroom floor until he finally turned to a normal-ish color by then it's time for lunch. He looks like he really doesn't want to go anywhere so we just sit. I don't know what happened but if Peter needs help he'd ask for it right?

~~~~time skip brought to you by State Farm. We are farmers BUA BAUDABUP BUP BUA ~~~~~

I walk Peter out and make him promise not to go on patrol.

"DP I swear I won't even try to swing on one web ok?" He says but I still worry. I nod my head and watch him as he walks off. I turn the other way and start walking home.

~~~~~~~~~~~
WOAH
That was a real roller coaster
1034 words of roller coaster. Well I hope you liked this
I'll try to update as soon as possible and due to Covid shut down that will probably be in 2 days so yeah.
Gotta go
*Edited*
Bye
Love-
•Nix•