Background Part 1

So (Like the description said) this is basically just a book of random stories and my life as an equestrian.

 Please note that this is my life and not a story, so if you don't like something, please don't hate.

~~~~~~~

I started riding when i was 3,and  when i say riding i mean that i was being led around almost the entire time, i rode a really sweet mare named Morning Star ( Star for short) and would usually ride bareback with a little bit of English and Western here and there.

My trainer at the time boarded her horses, Star and Nakao, at a stable so there were usually other people around riding and exercising there horses.

I don't really remember much from my first few years of riding ( I was 3 and 4), but i do remember some random things.

Like i remember once when i was like 4, my trainer was running with me and Star at a trot and i was like, " The horsey's going faster!" 

Yea, i loved to state the obvious.

Another time when i was around 3 i was sick but i went to the barn anyway, and even though i didn't ride, i painted Star's hooves and gave her a lot of treats.

The next day i was feeling almost 100% better, so i guess horses really do help you heal both mentally and physically.

Sadly, Star passed away from old age when i was six, she was around 30 years old so she had a pretty long life for a horse.

Six year old me hadn't really gotten the concept of death yet, so i wasn't that sad because i didn't think that she was gone forever, i probably just thought that she was sleeping or something.

But it was kind of weird, because at the same time i remember knowing that she was dead and that she wasn't coming back, yet i still wasn't sad.

Yea, i was really weird. Still am.

Our dog had been killed earlier that year, so six year old me connected death with crying because that's what my parents did as soon as they learned that our dog had died.

But the funny thing is, i was actually the one comforting my parents, and it was kind of the same thing when Star died, i was the one going around trying to cheer everyone up.

When i was younger, i didn't cry or act said whenever an animal died, i kind of just brushed it off and ignored the subject.

To be honest, i still kind of do that unless i was really close to whoever or whatever died.

Star was a palomino, but she was kind of dappled as well.

If i find a picture of her i'll make sure to include it later.

Anyway, that's it for the first part of this, it's not that interesting but i enjoyed writing it.