Background Part 2

I don't know if i mentioned this before, but by the time Star passed i was already riding at another stable.

I was about five years old and i went to two horse camps that summer.

The first one was called Horse & Heart and it's kind of like a place for people to heal with horses and for little kids and beginners to learn the 'spiritual' part of riding and stuff like that.

The second place was Fox Equine/horse rescue and after i went to the summer camp, i started riding there.

The first horse i rode there was a chestnut named Jax and he was kind of like your stereotypical beginner horse, lazy, slow, and food-obsessed.

Fox Equine was mostly English, so i didn't really ride western that much.

After a couple months i stopped riding Jax and got moved to a more 'advanced' horse named Goose, Goose was a mustang so he had a pretty wild spirit but he was a really nice horse as well.

Goose was also the first horse that i fell off of.

I remember that it was dark out ( we were in the indoor arena) and me and my friend were riding, my friends dad and brother came to pick us up and since they got there early they were waiting in the car.

My friends dad got out of the car after awhile to watch us, and as soon as he was far enough from the car, my friends brother turned the radio up really loud and started banging on the roof.

My trainer told him to stop and he did, for a few minutes.

A couple minutes later he started doing it again, only this time the music was even louder and he was still banging on the roof.

I'm kind of surprised that he didn't dent the car.

Anyway, lucky me was the one riding the once wild mustang.

Goose took off at a gallop and started bucking, little six year old me was holding on for my life.

After about 20 seconds i tumbled off over his head and landed right in front of him, luckily he jumped over me because one of my trainers said " When a horse sees you lying there they don't want to step on you, if you saw a rat lying on the ground would step on it? No, i didn't think so."

Yea, those were her exact words.

Surprisingly, i wasn't badly hurt, just extremely sore for the next week or two.

Keep in mind that i was like five years old and this was my first time ever falling off, i was terrified and i'm still mad at my friends brother to this day.