Em's Short Story

brxinfreeze your short story is finally here! Hope you like it!!

Em's POV

"What do you think I should get Michael to tell him?" I asked my best friend. I had no idea what to get Michael for Christmas to tell him the good news.

"I'm not sure. You have to find something creative though," she smiled.

We continued walking and I looked down at my little girl; Rose. She has brown hair but Michael dyed a bit of it purple. She looks so cute. Her eyes are the same as her fathers.

"Rosey Posey," I sighed.

"Mummy I want to leave!" Rose cried.

She was being extremely difficult today. She normally didn't mind shopping too much but for some odd reason today, she was annoyed.

That sounds weird to say because she's only three.

"We're going to buy you a pretty dress though baby girl," I smiled down at her.

"Can we get it now then? I want to go see daddy," she groaned.

I rolled my eyes and the three of us, or should I say four of us, continued on our way to the Carter's (the baby store).

As soon as we walked in we walked over to the dresses. We looked at a couple different dresses before Rose pointed one up.

"Mummy, I want this one!" She yelled, excitedly.

It was a red dress with sparkles on the top half, and then there was a white bow to separate the top from bottom. On the bottom it was puffy and frilly. It was a beautiful dress, it also wouldn't make her too hot since it's the summer time here in Australia.

"I love it, are you sure it's the one you want?" I asked, hoping she'll say yes.

"Yes!"

---

We pulled into our driveway. I went to the back of the car to help Rose get out.

"Rosey, will you help mummy wrap presents?" I asked pouting at her.

"Of course!" She giggled.

We both walked into the house, placing all the items on the living room floor.

I went to our bedroom to grab some more of Michael's presents. He shouldn't be home until at least six and it was only four right now.

"Mummy?" Rose called out while I grabbed some wrapping paper. I decided to go with some blue wrapping paper with Christmas trees on it.

"Yes baby girl?" I asked walking back over to where she was sitting.

"Why did you get daddy a baby onesie?" She giggled.

"Because mummy has a baby in her tummy. But shh we can't tell daddy yet ok?" I said, pressing my fingers against my lips.

"Ok mummy."

We finally had finished wrapping the presents and I was letting Rose place them under the tree.

"Mummy, how come I don't have any presents under the tree," her green eyes watered a bit.

"Because mummy and daddy need to wrap then still."

"Oh. Can I help?" She smiled.

"No baby, I'm sorry."

Rose didn't like that very much, she gave me the puppy dog look and when I said no again she ran to her room crying.

I glanced in the mirror quickly, since I was washing my hands. My hair was purple and blue. I've kept it like this since I was younger because I loved the way it made me look.