1

"I'm so happy my new neighborhood is near your cafe!" 

Yaya hums in glee as she takes a bite from the chocolate chip cookie. She cheekily smiles at her best friend as she walks towards her with a fresh new batch in tow. 

"I'm gonna go out of business if you keep eating my goods like that without paying." 

"Don't worry, I'm paying today, Dan." 

Yaya chuckles as she takes another cookie from the steaming tray. Dana, her best friend since high school, sits on the seat adjacent to her. She shakes her head as she watches her friend devour cookie by cookie, stuffing her mouth continuously. 

She always wondered how someone so thin could ingest that much food without gaining an ounce. It was already unusual for a lawyer like her friend to be as spontaneous and rambunctious as Yaya. Inside the courtroom she was focused and serious, a beast against her competitors. Outside the court, she was a complete nut job. 

She was a total contrast to her line of work, and it's what makes her special.

"What are you doing here, anyway?I thought you were moving in to your new house?" 

"I am. I'm just waiting for the movers to come with my things."

She leans over to get her cup of coffee when her phone rings. As she looks at the caller ID, she immediately stands up in haste. 

"Whoops, they're here. See you around!" She grabs one more cookie before she makes her run. She chuckles as she hears her best friend's protests in the background. Good thing her house was just around the curb. The moving truck had just pulled over when she got to her street. 

She was in her workout clothes, a pair of black leggings, and a dark blue sports bra overlain by a dri-fit cardigan. She jogged to her house as the men started to unload the truck with her things. Catching her breath, she leans against her car, which was parked in the sidewalk to make space for the moving truck. 

She nods her head at the man heading the move, giving him a thumbs up. 

"You know where it goes, Joe!" 

She grabs her phone from her side pocket and chuckles at Dana's text. 

Dana:

I don't know why I still believe it when you tell me you're going to pay. Should I just sue you?

Yaya:

I'm paying, I promise! Come here tonight, I'll cook dinner.

"Hi!"

A perky voice startles her as she looks up from her phone. A woman, whose hair was rolled in curlers, dressed in a baby blue robe over her pajamas, with a cup of coffee in hand walked up to her. She had a wide smile on her face as she comes closer to Yaya. 

"Hi." 

Yaya shyly says, but she had a smile on her face. 

"Are you the new neighbor?" 

"Yep. I am."

Yaya bites her cheek, a little shy at the morning conversation with who seems to be her new neighbor. 

"Oh! Welcome then! I live right across the street."

Yaya follows her as she points to her house right across Yaya's house. She immediately noticed her blooming flower garden . 

"I'm Elly!" 

Yaya smiles and accepts the hand she was offering for a handshake. It was nice to have a new friend in a new neighborhood.