Deep Slumber

She was in deep, deep slumber, or was it? The smell of salt air filled the room, the harmony of seagulls calling out to each other as life continues. All thoughts and memories came flooding in like a nasty tidal wave bringing to shore all the nasty dirt and filth. Coming to realisation of who she is, what happened, where is was. Greece, in a room that faced the great vast ocean, the beach front holiday house that all would dream of having the delight to sleep in. Greece with all its beauty, culture and atmosphere that makes you want to meet Aphrodite, tell her to hook you up. But, only tears rushing down her puffed up cheeks from another night of horror. Body still aches, not at the moment because it has become numb and accustomed to this brutal life, but it still remembers. It never forgets. Even while covered in silk linen and always dressed in all the fancy designer labels. The 5 star restaurants, private jets and jewellery, the life of glitter and glam. But the show always come to an end, curtain closes, lights switched off, the demons thrive in the dark. When no one can see, when the world sleeps, no wonder they call it the underworld. He did promise her a 5 star life, he did deliver. The mistake she made is not reading the fine print. She was just a little girl, merely coming of age with so much potential, full of love and innocence. She had just started experiencing life at a pace that was her own. Filled with so much enthusiasm and curiosity, she was just another victim. The serpent had marked its prey. It slithered its way through all the walls of protection built by her family, friends and the better of her own reasoning. All that which she was warned against showed on him. But she was already taken. Sweetened by his tongue, all the right words thrown at the right time, at the right moment. He took his time, gently coiling around her, she thought she was being hugged and embraced, not knowing the serpent had made its move to then squeeze the life out of her. She was high off his cologne, gosh the cologne took her to all kinds of places, she was a dreamer. The screen cracks, shatters right in front of her. The dream fell apart the moment he gouged his fangs deep into her skin. What was this? Who was he? The devil himself was unleashed, brutally devouring her little flower, her body bent in ways she never thought possible. You would swear that kamasutra took pages off from him. Night after night she lives in hell, and when day comes all she has is her fancy clothes and layers of make up to hide away under. She can't call her family, or maybe she just don't know how to ask them for help. She just left, she insulted them when all they were trying to do was help her. She's afraid that they don't even recognise her. How can they when she doesn't know herself anymore. She doesn't even know what love is. Maybe she thinks one day she will be her salvation when she doesn't wake up from her deep slumber. She is hoping and praying that she doesn't wake up. This place is her refuge, its her place of rest. Deep slumber.