❥Flower that blooms once in every 12 years

Deep inside the magical woods, fairy-like creatures lived. Their size was that of our thumb, Zeal and Jen belonged to this race but the only difference was that Jen belonged to the upper fairy race blessed with a magical mark whereas Zeal belonged to the lower fairy race.

Little fairy kingdom was ruled by Verena, who believed that fairies born with the magical mark are meant to rule over the fairies of the lower race.
Verena believed this was the only way to make things work, the only way to make the rightful flow of power work.

Here's a thing about the power, either use it or get used by it.

"Upper race fairies must rule over lower race fairies, if lower race fairies are not suppressed they'll get full of themselves and will try ruling over upper race fairies." Verena believed.

Verena believed that the upper race fairies don't belong together with the lower race fairies. For her, the lower race fairies were solely slaves.

Many fairies from the upper race came together with the fairies of the lower race and together they tried to oppose Verena's ideals, but since she was the most powerful fairy in their realm she punished them in a way that no one ever dare to oppose her.

Zeal and Jen were together since birth, Zeal's family was under Jen's family. Zeal was supposed to be Jen's slave but Jen never considered him as one. What they had was pure friendship, they grew up together helping each other and teaching each other about new things.

Jen had sky blue colored eyes and long blue hair that she always kept open, and Zeal had red eyes characterizing the flame with red hair that he always tied up in a man bun.

Jen always believed that they belonged together because the color of their hair when put together made the color purple, the color of love and trust that brings the strongest bond.

As they grow up their friendship grew stronger, they fell in love with each other. They became each other's source of happiness and calm. Jen loved Zeal's passion for books and writing and Zeal loved Jen's free spirit. For a guy like Zen who is always strict with himself, Jen appeared like a fresh breath of air. In her arms, he could let go of all of his worries.

The tale of their love began to spread, elders tried to warn them but elders also knew nobody has control over love so they told them to be cautious of Verena.

The love between the two was beautiful and pure, on Zeal's 12th birthday Jen planned to take Zeal to the magical Mount of Sumire because on this very day magical flowers were going to bloom after 12 years.

Those magical flowers bloom only once every 12 years, When they bloom Mount Sumire turns purple from top to bottom. It becomes the most enchanting sight when the magic flower blooms completely with the first touch of sunshine. Fairies celebrate this as a festival, during the dawn they sit near the mountain and with affection look at the bud bloom. With the first ray of sunshine, the flowers bloomed and the fairies then danced in their admiration.

When Jen told Zeal she will take him there, his red eyes started to sparkle with excitement for a second, but later he dimmed his excitement because he knew he won't be allowed there. After all, he is from the lower race.

Jen held his hand and told him, "Don't you worry Zeal, we'll watch it together. This is going to be the first time for both of us to see Mount Sumire turn purple, our color."

"It is against the rule, I don't want us to be in danger. Verena will be there. You should go there and see the magic flower bloom, later you can describe it to me." Zeal said with a soft smile and concern.

"No, we will go together, we will hide from Verena. She will never find out about you, about us. I want to see this with you, please." Jen replied to Zeal with her puppy eyes and Zeal agreed.