Chapter 6

This chapter is mostly pesterlogs just a heads up

"Hey, athhole!"

The final bell of the day had rung, and Eridan was most definitely not looking forward to walking all the way back home and probably subsequently having to confront his father about his missing car. His mood was only marginally helped by Sollux jogging up to him as he left the school building, a confused frown on the taller teens face.

"Hello, Sol," Eridan sighed, smiling weakly. Sollux held a hand up in greeting, before tilting his head in confusion.

"Tho, whereth your car at? Don't you live too far away to walk?" he asked, cutting right to the chase, and Eridan sighed, shoulders hunching over slightly at the harsh reminder that his dad would do anything to ruin his day, or indeed his life.

"Father took it," he mumbled, barely loud enough for him to hear himself, let alone for Sollux to hear him, and the latter pointed this out by jabbing Eridan gently in his shoulder.

"Too quiet, ED."

"I said father took it!" Eridan repeated loudly, shoulders hunching even further, the shells of his ears flushing red along with the rest of his face. Sollux's confused frown immediately softened into concern, and he awkwardly placed a hand on Eridans shoulder in a weak attempt to comfort him.

"I thtill think you really need to do thomething about him, ED," the taller teen said, chewing on a nail, eyebrows pulled together in worry. Eridan sighed.

"There's nothin I can do, Sol. Like I said, father controls pretty much ewerythin, and he can and w-will ruin shit if he thinks it'll make me more obedient and less of a goddamn disappointment."

Shrugging off Sollux's hand, Eridan took a deep, shaky breath, and moved off in the direction of his long walk home, leaving Sollux standing awkwardly in the parking lot. Even as Eridan walked away, though, Sollux's face was pulling into a slightly ticked-off expression, and his mouth twisting into a thoughtful frown.

It was only once Sollux had walked home that a plan was properly starting to formulate in his mind, and when he threw himself onto his bed he had almost finalised the idea, but he knew it required some backup, and that meant contact with his favourite small, angry ginger.

TA: hey kk.
CG: I'M NOT OPENING ANY MORE LINKS, FUCKFACE.
TA: wa2nt goiing to a2k you two.
TA: iit2 about ed.
CG: WHO THE FUCK IS ED?
TA: eriidan, dumba22.
TA: ii have an iidea.
TA: iit could eiither 2ave hiim from hii2 bull2hiit "father", or make thiing2 a thou2and tiime2 wor2e for everybody iinvolved.
CG: SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING STUPID IDEA.
CG: YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK PUTTING ERIDAN THROUGH EVEN MORE BULLSHIT?
CG: PLUS, I STILL NEED TO CALL YOU OUT ON NOT TELLING ME ABOUT YOU TWO DATING.
CG: WHAT THE SHIT, FUCKASS?
TA: yeah whatever we can talk about that later.
TA: plu2 ii 2aiid for everybody iinvolved. iif iit ju2t meant rii2k for eriidan ii wouldnt even con2iider it.
TA: there2 a biig chance iit mean2 hii2 father wiill hate u2 and maybe diirect the heat onto u2.
TA: and iif iit doe2 then we ju2t report hiim to poliice.
CG: WE CAN FUCKING DO THAT ANYWAY, DUMBASS.
TA: oh yeah.
TA: ii 2tiill liike the 2ound of my plan better.
CG: *SIGH*
CG: LAY IT ON ME, SHITDICK.

Meanwhile, one Eridan Ampora was attempting to buy a new book on marine life, for Feferi's birthday, which was in the coming week and had snuck up on him rather quickly. She was planning a huge blowout party at her mansion, and since her mother owned countless just like it, she couldn't care less, and was probably jetting off to Hawaii with Feferi's sister to give her space.