Fallen by Lauren Kate OC

Cassiel Enkeli. Messy, layered brown hair, green eyes. Smart mouth. Angel of tears/death of kings/temperance. Daniel's side but has an angsty relationship with Cam

 Daniel's side but has an angsty relationship with Cam

"Sorry, I'm late Randy! Traffic was hell." A girl with choppy long hair walked in, cutting the large person in charge off. He/She rolled their eyes once the girl stepped up to the box the others were surrounding, with a large grin on her face.

"The break was nice while it lasted," Randy muttered, a displeased look on their face. The girl giggled at their expression.

"I missed you too, Rands." She teased, pulling out several banned items without being told to do so. The other four teens remained silent as they watched this interaction. Luce could tell she was very pretty. Her brown hair was streaked with gold highlights and her green eyes were shining. Randy said nothing but gestured for the other four to dump their items in the box. The girl, who preferred to go by Cassie, pulled out all the things she was willing to let go. So goodbye lighters, the 2 pocket knives, a dummy phone, nail scissors, swiss army knife, and a very large switchblade. She glanced up and caught a boy staring at her items with wide eyes. She waited until he looked at her and she winked.

"I like my sharp toys."

"We all knew that." The boy standing beside him muttered. Her smirk dropped as she recognized the boy and her cheerfulness was replaced with a nonplussed look.

"Cam."

"Heya Cass." Her nose wrinkled at the nickname.

"It's Cassiel to you." She sniffed and examined other people. Her displeased look gently switched to a happy one when she recognized the blonde.

"Gabe! I haven't seen you in ages! Jesus, this is like a high school reunion! Minus you, you're new." She looked at the boy from before with an interested look.

"Pleasure to see you as well sugar," Gabe said, idly looking at her nails. Cassie laughed and turned to the final teen she hasn't greeted yet and froze.

'Damn, high school reunion indeed.' She thought as she looked at the familiar-looking girl who was clutching her phone like it was her lifeline. Her expression didn't change but inside she was reeling in shock, calculations quickly running through her brain. She guessed it was about that time but to be fair, she hadn't been around a reincarnation for at least a century. Taking a deep breath, she composed herself and looked neutrally at the girl who was too busy looking through her texts to notice everyone waiting on her. Cass cleared her throat loudly in an attempt to get her to notice but it failed, making Cass quirk her eyebrow. She exchanged a look with Gabbie as Randy made their annoyance known.

"We're still waiting on one person. I wonder who it is." They snipped. The girl finally snapped out of it and looked around sheepishly. She paused when she got to Cass but Cass just tilted her head, making a pointed look at the phone still in the pale girl's hand. The girl closed her eyes and with a depressed expression, dropped the phone in the box so reluctantly it was like she was giving up the only glass of water in the middle of the Sahara. Once the phone clunked on top, the boy and Gabe immediately walked to the doors. Cassie tried to follow but Randy grabbed her elbow, keeping her in place. She scowled up at Randy as Cam tried to make a pass at the reincarnation. Cass's scowling face turned into a sneer as he offered to give the reincarnation the information she missed.

                                                                                         +++

"My name is Cassiel, You can call me Cass." Cass winked at the reincarnation as they followed Randy through the halls. The reincarnation looked at her with startled eyes but gave a half there smile.

"My name is Luce. Nice to meet you." She said, a soft southern accent coming through. Cass gave an encouraging smile and leaned closer to Luce.

"Don't fully believe all that Rands is saying. Not all of us are psychos." Unfortunately, Randy caught that loud whisper and turned around to glare at the brunette.

"This little tyrant should not be giving you advice. This is her third stint here in the last 5 years." Randy warned. Cass gave an endearing smile and fluttered her eyelashes at Luce who looked mildly alarmed. "With her around, you are far from the worst-case here." They tried to be comforting by placing a hand on Luce's shoulder but Luce looked even more horrified as if she couldn't imagine how much worse people can be compared to whatever she's done to get here. Cass rolled her eyes and linked arms with the newbie.

"I'll show her around, Rands. Your show is about to come on, isn't it? I heard that Rodrick is supposed to make a surprising announcement on today's episode." Randy gave her another scowl but looked at their watch.

"Fine. Make yourselves scarce. You can be Little Miss Sunshine's map for today." They waved off the two girls before warning Luce on how the Reds were watching them. Cass scoffed and turned around, jumping when a pale figure jumped out in front of them, waving her thin fingers in Luce's and Cass's face.

"Oooo, the reds are watching you."

"Get outta here, Arriane, before I have you lobotomized." Randy snapped, a brief caring smile crossing their face before it went back to their normal scowl. Arriane rolled her eyes, making a brief jerking off motion at Randy who scowled and wrote Arriane up in their little black notebook.

"And now you get the pleasure of showing these two Bursts of Sunshine their way to their rooms." By the smug look on Arriane's face, that's what she was aiming for and linked Luce's other arm with hers.

"Perfect. I was needing more slaves." She smirked and lead the two away. Cass smirked and shook her head. Luce looked at her alarmed but Cass just squeezed her arm carefully,

                                                                                                  +++

"Go away." Cass snarled at the Nephilim who approached her. Scowling, the Nephilim turned on his heel and walked towards his group of friends who were laughing at him. Luce shook her head in amusement but pulled a disapproving frown on her face.

"You really need to be nicer, Cassie. We need to fit in." She reprimanded. Cass rolled her eyes.

"But they're annoying. All of them. Thinking they're so great and they have the audacity to speak to me, a full angel! They're all up themselves, I rather slow dance with Molly than talk to one of them." Luce burst out into laughter and pushed her tray away from her.

"You don't mean that." Cass rolled her head to meet hers and looked Luce dead in the eyes.

"I do. I really, really do. I don't want to talk about Heaven, I don't want to talk about my perspective in History, I don't want to show off my powers, and I don't care about what angel they hailed from. It's the same boring shit over and over."

"Poor you." Luce fought back a smile as she rubbed her friends' back. Cass groaned and laid her head on Luce's shoulder.

"Finally, someone gets it!"